Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Filter Replacement Problem?

Ismael

Hi guys,

this misforture happenned to my friend and his 1.0L vitz. Please shed some light if u can:

day1 - Changed stock Air filter with K&N - direct admission. (no driving yet).

day2 - While driving to work check engine light goes on. Stopped car and restart engine. Light goes off.

Driving back home light goes on again.Engine power was very low.

day3 - Went to mechanic to fix prob. Did diagnostic and cleaned injectors and MAF. went for a test drive. Was ok. While driving in city same prob ..

day4 - replaced MAF with another .... test drive ... car was perfect .. better kick. Replaced my old MAF ... engine power loss by around 10-15%. Check engine light not on yet ...

So...??

U can have a look at the direct admission arrangement at: See pics

We were hoping to have direct admsiion kit to replace stock filters in our 1.0 L. We know we wont get much HP. We just wanted some noise and good engine look -esthetic.

Any explanation, feedback, ideas welcomed

Cheers

Ismael

hey m8 yur 1ltr yaris induction kit looks like an universal fitment.i fink dat yur car is losing power becuz yur car is taking in too much air and its circulating around yur standerd filter box.induction kits are not ment to be free flowing there shud be an custom hose pipe wiv yur induction kit.

We have to change the MAF now. :angry:

No you don't!!! You can clean it, someone posted a link on here ages ago to the Lexus Owners Club showing how to do it to a Lexus, same idea just a different MAF! I have had my MAF replaced (caused by a Pipercross covering it in oil) but I got it done under warranty and obviously put my old airfilter in for every service etc! :thumbsup:

Hi, thx a lot guys. U have been of immense help. Will try to solve the problem and will let u know about the outcome.

Cheers

Ismael

Just letting you know that K&N now do a induction kit for the 1.3

if anyone is interested i'll dig up the part number

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links