Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyboard Settings

breezer

Hi there

i was just wondering, you know when you press a certain amount of keys, your computer starts bleeping because its too many?

How do you change the amount of keys you can press at once? apparently it can be done, but i dont know how.

Just for when im on a game, and flying, when im after someone and i start shooting, i press the left or right button, but my plane will not turn, so this is why.

How can it be done?

due to how keyboards used pass data to the computer you could only press up to 3 keys at once. i don't think usb has this problem. i've just tried holding down keys on my computer one beeps (the computers way of telling you to f off) the other doesn't and copes with all the key presses. both are ps2, so it could be a driver problem. how old is your keyboard? could be using an older protocol.

its a new keyboard, bought it last year.

in game im pressing:

W - to go forward

Spacebar - to fire

<-- - to go left

and up to go up

thats when the problems occur

It's to do with the BIOS configuration. But for the life of my I can't find out how to do it lol! I was told it's to do with the keyboard settings but when I looked I only had 2 options and neither of them sorted the problem :(

USB keyboards as mentioned don't have this problem, and some of the more expensive keyboards dont either.

I used to use a Packard Bell standard keyboard & didn't have a single problem, I could press as many key's as a liked. But when I upgraded to a Logitech one I've got the same problem as you!

Do you find it's only on some keys though? I can play CS and crouch, strafe right and forward and still look at my score. But if im trying to do the same but strafe left it buggers up! :rolleyes:

i play battlefield 1942: Desert Combat.

its really sucks coz i cant shoot and turn at the same time, therefore i have to take finger off forward button, which means i slow down

My computer doesnt have this problem :blink:

How old is your system? Is it a P4 or equivalent?

I do know that Ps2 cannot trasmit bits as quick as USB so maybe you should grab a USB keyboard.

Really if you want to play a game 'competitively' you need to use a combination of mouse and keyboard or get yourself a gamepad or something.

As to be honest a keyboard was invented to type, not play games anyway.

:thumbsup:

Nah... can't play Counter Strike very well on a joystick!!!

Need keyboard for all moves forward, back, strafe, crouch, jump etc and mouse for looking around, pointing for direction and firing.

Find a mate that doesn't have the problem, borrow his keyboard, try it out on your PC. Process of elimination begins!

:thumbsup:

I play counterstike, joint ops etc and do not have this problem with my keyboard. I think it is ps2 (not running through a usb port anyway) and is wireless.

Maybe it is time to upgrade to a new keyboard, they are dirt cheap now and just explain the problem you have been having so you don't end up with the same type.

You will be able to kick ***** on Desert Combat then :thumbsup:

UB keyboards ar so cheap on e buyer... just get one :thumbsup:

My computer doesnt have this problem  :blink:

How old is your system? Is it a P4 or equivalent?

Really if you want to play a game 'competitively' you need to use a combination of mouse and keyboard or get yourself a gamepad or something.

my system is brand new, built it about 2 month ago.

and i already kick ***** on DC in the bomber, would just be better for taking down other planes :D

right i've done a bit of research. it's got nothing to do with USB or PS2. or even how many keys your pressing.

they work by having a series of negative rails and a series of sense rails when a key is pressed it connects 1 sense rail to a negative rail. on cheaper built keyboards it looks at all the rails at once so if a negative rail is connected to more that one sense rail it gets abit confused and makes your computer beep. where as on decent keyboards (harder co come by as companies on manufacture crap these days to keep production costs down). they scan trought the negative and sense rails so the little microprocessor on the keyboard can work out exactly which keys are being pressed.

by a new keyboard. it's the only way to fix it.

hope this helps

the game uses windows to get the input from the keyboard, if the game used DX7, 8 or 9 then there will be no probs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links