Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Running Imports On 4 Star

GT4 BOOSTER

any ideas if my imported celica gt4 will run ok on old 4 star fuel , my thoughts were its no different to using super unleaded with ron additive added .

any boffins care to enlighten my ageing mind ? :thumbsup:

4star is being phased out after January 2005 :( , and if your motor is fitted with a Cat, it will block up in no time :( :( .

ok , is optimax and ultimate classed as super unleaded then , can't find super unleaded anywhere

ok , is optimax and ultimate classed as super unleaded then , can't find super unleaded anywhere

Only Optimax is 98 RON unleaded, all the others like BP and Esso are only 97 Ron, but they are better than standard unleaded, as your motor in Japan uses 100 Ron :)

why cant uk have 100 ron fuel boo .thanks bob , the other day i tried it on unleaded and the performance went out of window , need to find a good ron fuel and reset the ecu , optimax it is - happy xmas + new year

Cant get Optimax over here on the Island. But Texaco super (97RON) is readily available. Just chuck in some octane booster and off we go. :thumbsup:

thanks dak , guys over at gt4oc recon optimax is 98.6 ron so i will stick to that for now.

Optimax allegedly goes 'stale' if it's not used within 7 days. Of course, you never know how long it has been in the tanks at the petrol station beforehand, but 7 days seems in your tank seems to be a good rule of thumb. I would have thought that super unleaded would be just about good enough for an import GT4. Also, Texaco petrol is supposed to have good detergents for keeping injectors clean.

If we ever had 100 RON petrol in the UK, it would probably cost over a pound a litre by the time the govt. had taken their cut. :ffs: So it would not sell very well, and one of the biggest problems oil companies have with their 'super' unleaded fuels is they go off before they can sell them. I have a feeling that in Japan all petrol is 100 RON by law.

optimax shud run without causing your car any performance loss.

wouldn't try messing with the timing... just use optimax and let it be

dont run your car on 4star use only unleaded (super preferably) you do not need to change the timing but u can reset the ecu 15 amp EFI fuse in the engine compartment to adjust for ron difference have run my gt4 for the last 18mths running 13psi only run on super and no problems

i dare you to put 4 star in your car m8 , i bet u a moths wages you cant get the nozzle in the tank lol , the reason being that if u do manage to get 4 star in the tank u will kill ur cat in 2 mins flat , stick with super unleaded and be happy with it

Kev

i bet you a years wages i can get the nozzle in the tank.

i bet you a years wages i can get the nozzle in the tank.

Is that with or without a hammer and chisel? :lol:

without , it has no neck on the filler .to stop a bigger nozzle entering it.

i suppose the jap garages still have big ends on the fuel pumps , i really need to get a filler neck reducer put in there.

good god noooooooooooooo !!!!!! its dearer than optimax :lol::lol:

Not to mention the mess it makes when it blows back. :lol:

Just posted a reply to your wheels question. :thumbsup:

so kevstir just how much a month am i on now ?????