Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Engine No 52 & 34

amirKE70

I found fault code 52 & 34 on my 3SGTE.3 days after installing Apexi AFC.AFC has been dismantled but still having those codes. I replaced boost pressure assembly for the code 34 but still found code 52.Now looking for Knock sensor, possibly tomorrow will swap 'em. Gurus, need your help base on your experience.

My car is AE92 powered by

3sgte From St185 with AFM

Thanks in advance for your reply

http://www.andrewmcc.com/bgb/

Code: System Diagnosis

11 ECU (+B) Momentary interruption in power to ECU

12 RPM Signal No NE or G signal to ECU within 2 seconds after engine has been cranked.

13 Ignition Signal No NE signal to ECU when engine speed is above 1,000 rpm

14 Ignition Signal No IGF signal to ECU 8-11 times in succession

21 Oxygen Sensor/Heater cct Detection of oxygen sensor deterioration or open or short in oxygen sensor heater.

22 Water Temp Signal Open or short in water temp. sensor signal (THW).

24 Intake Air Temp. Sensor Open or short in intake air temp. sensor signal (THA).

25 Air-fuel Ratio Lean Malfunction Oxygen sensor outputs a lean signal continuously for several seconds during air-fuel ratio correction. Open or short in oxygen sensor (OX).

26 Air-fuel Ratio Rich Malfunction Oxygen sensor outputs a rich signal continuously for several seconds during air-fuel ratio correction.

31 Air-Flow Meter Signal Open cct in VC signal or short cct between VS and E2 when idle contacts are closed.

32 Air-Flow Meter Signal Open cct in E2 or short cct between VC and VS.

34 Turbocharging Pressure Signal Fuel cut-off due to high turbocharging pressure.

35 Turbocharging Pressure Sensor Signal Open or short in turbocharging sensor pressure signal (PIM).

41 Throttle Position Sensor Signal Open or short in throttle position sensor signal (VTA).

42 Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal No SPD signal for 8 seconds when engine speed is between 2,500rpm and 6,000rpm and coolant temperature is below 80C (176F) except when racing the engine.

43 Starter Signal No STA signal to ECU until engine speed reaches 800rpm with vehicle not moving.

52 Knock Sensor Signal Open or short in knock sensor signal (KNK).

53 Knock Sensor Control Signal in ECU Knock control in ECU faulty.

51 Switch Signal No IDL signal or A/C signal to ECU, with check terminals TE1 and E1 shorted.

Sounds like you've increased the boost pressure to the point of fuel cut? You will need a fuel cut defenser (name of american origin?) or FCD. You're best to ask for details in the MR2 section, as there are loads or turbo boys in there who know their stuff (the ST185 is almost identical to the rev1/2 mr2 turbo).

Sounds like you've increased the boost pressure to the point of fuel cut? You will need a fuel cut defenser (name of american origin?) or FCD. You're best to ask for details in the MR2 section, as there are loads or turbo boys in there who know their stuff (the ST185 is almost identical to the rev1/2 mr2 turbo).

I agree with u coz my friend and I just installed the SAFC from apexi. It happened again last nite,but only code 52.My SAFC Apexi set at +6% and could lead to feul cut faster.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links