Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit

Lee Bali

Im thinkin of getting a head unit for my yaris. Im looking to spend 100 - 190 on the unit but it needs to my mp3 cd compatible. Also i need 2 know that it fits into the yairs without having to cut away at the dash as i mite have 2 sell the car on in the future. (to get a t-sport :P ) Thanx alot guys and I KNOW URE OUT THERE so stop ignoring my posts!! :eek:

I'm looking at getting one too and my budget is similar to yours... I like this Alpine one... Click Here which has been reduced very recently... I like this one too (Click Here!) but it's a bit expensive for me right now (poor student... :( )

There's plenty to choose from but I personally prefer Alpine... :thumbsup:

I'm looking at getting one too and my budget is similar to yours...  I like this Alpine one...  Click Here which has been reduced very recently... I like this one too (Click Here!)  but it's a bit expensive for me right now (poor student... :( )

There's plenty to choose from but I personally prefer Alpine...  :thumbsup:

ive got the first one mentioned there its ace!

I'm looking at getting one too and my budget is similar to yours...  I like this Alpine one...  Click Here which has been reduced very recently... I like this one too (Click Here!)  but it's a bit expensive for me right now (poor student... :( )

There's plenty to choose from but I personally prefer Alpine...  :thumbsup:

ive got the first one mentioned there its ace!

Ive got the second one.. I like it :thumbsup:

Thanx alot guys - I was also wondering what connectors etc i would need to wire everything from the standard head unit to this after market one and if anyone has instructions on how 2 wire two 6 by 9's on the parcel shelve into this new aftermarket head unit

Not 100% sure on connectors, but i think it's an autoleads Toyota Yaris ISO connector. The rear Speakers are easy... just run speaker cable from both Speakers into the connector bits on the back of the head unit or the ISO connector.

go to www.bassjunkies.com they have the best offers.they currently have an Alpine MP3 head unit for only £165.02 inc VAT. was £220.00

Here is the spec:

Tech Spec:

*Regulated 1-Bit DAC

*Zero Data Mute (0 bit Mute)

*MP3 & WMA File Playback

*MP3 Quick Search Navigation Buttons

*Media Expander for enhanced MP3 performance

*CD-R/CD-RW Compatibility

*Digital Servo

*50W x 4 High Power Amplifier

*3 Pre Outs

*2V Performance Voltage Pre Out

*OEM Steering Remote Control Ready

*Bass Engine Functionality

*Subwoofer Level Control

*Bass Type Control

*Bass Center Frequency Control

*Bass Width Adjustment

*Treble Center Frequency Control

*MaxTune Tuner

*Digital Electronic Volume Control

*ISO Connector Ready

*Black Mask 2 Colour Display

*14 Segments x 8

*Lamp Backlighting

*Silver Finish

Sweet i decided upon buying the first one you mentioned the : Alpine: CDE-9828RB - CD/MP3 Tuner headunit. I ordered it so should be ariving in a few days. I also bought some 6 by 9s (Kenwood KFC-6979) which im gonna install on the parcel shelf when my head unit is in place. I'll post a picture when i manage to get the headunit sorted.

I hope i dont have 2 many problems installing the hu and I hope it fits ! Thnx alot guys !!!

:thumbsup:

Lee

Can't go wrong with Alpine.. don't think it'll fit in the coin holder, mine didn't..  :(

It didnt fit in the coin holder :s umm im f***** i just ordered it and i need it to fit in there... u sure? :wacko:

I can't file the surround away as i mite have 2 sell the car in the future.... does anyone know of any mp3hu's fpr around 150 - 175 that WILL fit without adjustments

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

argos has a jvc head unit mp3 compatible at half price at the moment , was £ 139.99 now down t0 £ 69.99 , i got one for my gt4 and its pretty damned good for the money.

I've heard any Sony fits! Mate if you file it away you won't be filing hardly any away so it'll not be noticable! :thumbsup:

THEY ALL FIT!

You just need to unscrew it at the back, make it extremly lose, Stuff it in from BEHIND....... and!! take the cage off :rolleyes:

trust me, single din, is single din!!

all head units are made to the exact same measurements as far as i know , even stock ones.

Nope, Sony are much slimar than Alpine.. I went through all this before and spent countless hours with Mr T and Halfords in search of the Fascia Surround, the dbl din adapter etc..

Don't file it.. It looks absolutely *******.

Hmmm if i shouldnt file it how on earth am i gonna get it to fit in... I need 2 get this done asap before i turn into an advert for the nspcc :crybaby::crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links