Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Console

vmail

What console should I get  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What console should I get

• Xbox
    • PS2 (Slimline)
    • GameCube
    • Other
    • None

Dont even think about the gamecube unless you are 7 and like cartoons.

Of course, because all 7 years olds are die hard Resident Evil fans :lol:

Trouble is, the only way to get the Shigiuru Miamoto games, (Mario Sunshine/Kart, Metroid series etc.) is to buy a gamecube.

The Xbox is just a pc and modern nvidia/ati cards have now long overtaken the XBox polygon-pushing capabilities. PS2 has a lot of games, but a fair few of them are rubbish.

Nintendo generally has great gameplay. You might think it's designed for kids, but stuff like Resident Evil is far better on the GC than it ever was on PS.

Although the GC doesn't have the ultimate polygon speed of the Xbox, so conversions like nfsu2 don't work so well, it has clever tricks like realtime display list decompression which allow it to deal very well with cartoon figures and more amorphous shapes.

Trouble is, because Nintendo seems to be pretty stingy with its seal of quality endorsements, you don't get as many titles as the other consoles, even if a lot of stuff is available on all of them.

And Nintendo is dragging its feet over online play, even though you can hack this yourself.

However, I don't believe any other multiplayer racing game will be more fun to play than Mario Kart. Nintendo knows great gameplay, whatever their other failings.

Cheers

Paul.

However, I don't believe any other multiplayer racing game will be more fun to play than Mario Kart. 

Amen to that..

Im a big fan of Xbox and Halo etc.. but after buying a Gamecube - £35 from Argos (brand new, couldnt resist) Im back to my MarioKart Double dash.. :thumbsup:

Now £40.. Argos..

Never played Project Gotham Racing 2 on the Xbox then?..

Yes I have quite a bit on a mates xbox including over xbox live and I still think that a couple of year old game that is GT3 is far better than the arcade like gameplay of project gotham 2. I cant wait for GT4 :D

Also project gotham dosent have enough jap cars in it, not even a vitz! :P

Also project gotham dosent have enough jap cars in it, not even a vitz! :P

Surely that's a good thing :D

They have got 3 massive companies working on the new PS. Think it microsoft and two others. So far they are saying that itll run 100 times faster than the ps2 , Could be very interesting!!

yeah the arichture of the processor is gonna have a criss cross layer heirachry!! :wacko:

The trouble is it doesn't necessarily make the games any better. Ok, the look will be better and the sound is sweet. But did you think Doom 3 was any better than the first one, gameplay-wise?

The industry needs a bit more imaginative thinking rather than just faster hardware.

Paul.

Playstation IMO already has the best games over other consoles. I myself prefer first person shooters and therefore use my pc alot more for games like Call of duty and Black hawk down as I prefer the mouse and keyboard combination to controller for these games.

I use my ps2 contorller for driving and football games :)

I think although the X-Box is technically a better machine, the games are just more playable on the Playstation (plus I prefer the dual-shock controller to the X-box controller)

I have an X-Box (I traded the PS2 in to buy it) and I miss GT3 (I have project Gotham 2 and I think it's pants)

i voted none. Call me old fashioned but i thought cars were for driving. I`ve got a perfectly good lounge and a PS2 at home. Why bother squinting at a small screen when you can play one on a 28 inch telly. :P

By the way your other option could be to wait till the PS3 comes out next year. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links