Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

15 Inches....

youngsod

Afternoon all, and Merry Christmas.

I need some advice on both matters technical and aesthetic. We are just about to take over the Wife's Grandpa's Yaris. It's a 02 1.0 GS in red, and while it is a lovely car (a whole 4.5K miles!), it could do with a bit of tasteful glamorising.

So I was thinking about 15" alloys. Any suggestions? Do I need to lower it? I had thought of white alloys on a red car, but I can't see that getting past the wife.

Basically what I'm looking for is something nice, but not Barry. So it's over to all you arbiters of taste out there!

Douglas

15 inch wheels will tidy up the outside of the nicely, and some states of the car come with that size wheel anyway

lowering is not mandatory but does give the car a much better stance as they genreally have 4x4 suspension, Toyotas own TTE -30mm springs do wonders to any yaris

as for the design and colour then go for whatever you like

I just think that it needs something done to it to make it a bit nicer. I'll be buggered if I put 14" alloys on it, hence 15". I think I'll stick the alloys on it and see what it looks like as regards lowering it, though frankly i'd rather do as little as possible. Actually SR alloys would be very nice, but I can imagine how much Toyota would charge for them...

My brother has the knack of doing just a couple of things to a car to make it look great, but not too much. I remeber in 2000 he bought a 2.0 GT Celica. He lowered it and stuck 18" OZ's on it, and it looked fantastic. I just wich I had the same knack!

Douglas

If white alloys are what you're looking for then the white Enkei's are quite nice on a red car. Click here.

Quite a few people in toc have them and i believe they were bought on eBay for around £150 which is a bargain for such high quality and light weight alloys! Also if you're looking for SR alloys, then there's usually some up for grabs on eBay aswell.

:thumbsup:

There's some SR wheels on e-bay now, but the fool has them in awful condition! Two hub caps missing, one's slightly buckled and he says two are slightly kerbed. Have a look at the pics... that ain't no slight kerbing! He's scraped them along for half a mile! Twit!

Click Me!

Yes, I saw them. i even did a little bit of bidding myself for them, until I looked more closely (note to self, LOOK CAREFULLY BEFORE BIDDING). I 'm afraid I was dazzled by the fact they were in Glasgow, where I work.

I do like white alloys on a red car, just something about it. I once lived not to far from a Pug 106 Rallye on white steel rims and it looked sweet. I just wonder how they would look on an otherwise untouched Yaris.

Douglas

I've got the white enkei's mate also! £175 delivered off e-bay and thats a 'buy it now' price! I then got on the blower to Envy and got top class tyre's for £171.75 delivered! Sorted!

On the downside they are near impossible to keep clean and I don't want too many sets going around ayrshire! :lol::thumbsup:

Don't worry Ryan1985, you won't have another white alloyed Yaris in Ayrshire, the wife said absolutely not to white alloys. Pity, I thought they looked nice, and a £155 on eBay rather tempting....

Sorry drb5, your ROTA's are out too.

So back to square one!

What's the score with coloured bumpers? How do I go about getting them colour coded, that would improve it nicely

Douglas

What's the score with coloured bumpers? How do I go about getting them colour coded, that would improve it nicely

Douglas

If your bumpers arent colour coded for your model then you should be able to get them colour coded at any car bodyshops/paintshops. Definately get these done cos it makes a lot of difference to the looks of the car! :thumbsup:

Is it just a matter of getting them sprayed? I just thought it would have been more to it than that. But you are right, it will make a big difference

ta

Douglas

Douglas

If your bumpers arent colour coded for your model then you should be able to get them colour coded at any car bodyshops/paintshops. Definately get these done cos it makes a lot of difference to the looks of the car! :thumbsup:

Yes deff get them coloured coded.. any bodyshop will do it ..mine were the standard greyish finnish.. got them sprayed when kit went on HUGE difference :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm selling my ROTA's, if your interested. :(

WTF? Explain?

Is it just a matter of getting them sprayed? I just thought it would have been more to it than that. But you are right, it will make a big difference

I'm getting mine done next month in Kilmarnock so I'll let you know how that goes and possibly recommend them if you like what you see! :thumbsup:

I'm getting mine done next month in Kilmarnock so I'll let you know how that goes and possibly recommend them if you like what you see!

Whereabouts in Killie? Any idea how much?

Our Yaris to be is going in to get a wheelarch scratch done before we take it on, and i thought i'd ask te bloke how much he would take to do the bumpers while he was at it.

Motormate in Killie bud, I'll dig out the address and post it l8r! I'd guess 100 bucks for both! :D

youngsod

im selling my t-sport wheels and tyres the wheels are in ok condition no buckles or kerbing just a quite a few scrathes from a mishap with 2 good tyres and all nuts there yours for £125

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links