Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

jac114

I guys popped over from the otherside.. wrote of my lex just b4 crimbo so now looking at other cars.. one of them being the celica.. the one b4 the current model.. what should I look out for.. Is there anything major to keep my open for when test driving.. whats the fuel consumption like on the 2.0 gt ??

cheers

craig

JAC, what are you doing over this side of the pond :)

How you doing fella, just thought I'ld welcome you to the social side and hope you and the kids had a very merry xmas :)

low 20's urban , high 20's at 56mph. dependant on driving style as the st202 3sge engine likes to be pushed after 4000 rpm is where the power is.

look out for general maintenance issues, suspension, brakes, gearbox, clunks, etc.

no real issues as far as i know. great motors. a excellent example 1994 gen 5 is better though imho, more stylish and higher build quality.

i get 30 mpg everytime a check, which aint a bad average considering how i drive it :)

So i imagine if you drove at about 55 you should get about 35-40, but thats not fun at all :)

Mines a Gen 6 2.0 GT

craig i had a celica before my lex ,.realy nice car i had the 2.0 GT and the missus went bonkers when i sold it ,only downside is rear leg room as you have two kids this will be a real problem .

craig i had a celica before my lex ,.realy nice car i had the 2.0 GT and the missus went bonkers when i sold it ,only downside is rear leg room as you have two kids this will be a real problem .

Do what i done. Buy another car to cart the kids (And shopping) around in. Problem sorted. :D

I guys popped over from the otherside.. wrote of my lex just b4 crimbo so now looking at other cars.. one of them being the celica.. the one b4 the current model.. what should I look out for.. Is there anything major to keep my open for when test driving.. whats the fuel consumption like on the 2.0 gt  ??

cheers

craig

Can i add, i now own an IS200 ,my last car was an S reg, Gen 6 SR and the gen 6 was as well put together as any IS .

The only common problem is rear anti-roll bar rubbers to body ,start to knock, they sound like a banging exhaust :) .

Hi Craig, I bought the model you're thinking about early this year. It was a second-hand car, 3 years old, 30K miles which I bought from a Toyota dealer. Have had no problems whatsoever. Ride can be noisy over rough roads. You also feel every bump or contour on rough roads. This is standard in any sports coupe. Steering very light and responsive. Good, smooth acceleration. Servicing and parts cheap. Go for the premium pack which includes leather seats, aircon and sunroof. I pay about £37 to fill the tank from empty and this lasts me about 380 miles. Rear seat legroom fine for anyone under 5'8". Great car and the best I've ever had!

erm mr.loanranger craig speaks of the gen 6 , not the gen 7 :D

Thanks guys you have been a real help.. Just tossing up ideas at the moment on what to get.. I have a few others in mind so its good to hear some useful input..

just got to find a good example if i can I have seen some dogs so will hold out a while longer

Craig

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links