Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lamps

mrfil13

If it`s the same as the Gen 5, there`s a warning light to tell you the rear fogs are on but no light for the front ones. Which i think is daft cos i get really annoyed with people who drive around with their fog lights on unnecesarily, only to find i`ve done it myself on more than one occasion. D`oh!! :ph34r:

I my memory serves me correctly, I believe there is a light on the dash for when the front fogs are on on the gen6 :thumbsup:

I my memory serves me correctly, I believe there is a light on the dash for when the front fogs are on on the gen6  :thumbsup:

I can't find one!

It annoys me too - Espicially as you can get 3 points on your licence if you are caught with your front fogs on - if visibility is greater than 100 meters. A freind got stopped at night with his fogs on and tried to get away with it by saying he couldn't see 100 meters away (after switching his lights off) the copper asked him to tell him what the bright light was in the sky - When he said "the moon" the copper did him because that is a quarter of a million miles away!! :D Serves him right though!!

I have accidently left them on a couple of times now - as I put them on when it's really foggy - then forget about them - turn the lights off and the fogs go off. Then a couple of days later I will put the lights back on and the fogs will come on too - I only notice because just as I get home you have a big shop window infront which reflects all your lights!

A freind got stopped at night with his fogs on and tried to get away with it by saying he couldn't see 100 meters away (after switching his lights off) the copper asked him to tell him what the bright light was in the sky - When he said "the moon" the copper did him because that is a quarter of a million miles away!!  :D Serves him right though!!

thast just class! :lol::thumbsup:

I used to have the same problem in my 5th gen... no way of knowing they are still on... :unsure:

I suppose the easy answer would be to wire in a supplementary warning light that illuminates when the front fogs are on. Might do that this arvo..... Then again i might leave it till tomorrow. It`s tipping down. :(

I`ll post a diagram when its done. :thumbsup:

yeah - you could just wire it up to the rear fog warning light - to be honest I don't think I've turned the rear fog light on yet so I can't think if there is a warning light on the gen 6 for the rear but I presume there is (I can't even think where the button is!!)

Otherwise to keep it tidy I guess another warning light socket would have to be used. I've got to say I don't think I can be bothered with the hassle of re-wiring though.

Just to add another question into this same topic.......

Are the fog lights on the front actually classed as fog lights?? I only ask because when I was reading the celica handbook it refers to them as driving lights. Is that the same thing?? Also having tried them in the fog - they do nothing to improve visibility (for me anyway - I suppose they might make it better for others to see me) but If I have them on when it is just dark they improve the nearby visibility. It just made me wonder if the !Removed! designed them to be left on all the time as driving lights to back up the dipped headlights??

But then it could just be a bad translation - I'm still wondering if the "moonroof" is a bad translation or if that's what they're actually used for in Japan!! :D

This is the page out of my owners manual. Bearing in mind its the UK model. Rather thankful i dont live in Norway. Looks like they`re compulsory over there. No mention of driving lights though. And they do call the sunroof a sunroof. :D

gallery_12498_22_1104843948.jpg