Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Sidesteps

RockyRav

Does anyone have the aluminium sidesteps for a 2004 XT3 or Xt4.

(1) Is it worth having the side steps?

(2) It easy to remove the side steps if you dont want em?

Please let me know!

I've got them on my XT4 - I think the main advantage is it makes the vehicle look nicer, although they are the lowest part of the car so can catch on rocks if you go onto rough ground (like mine did yesterday). They can be easily removed - they are held on by 3 brackets each side. Usuful for cleaning the sunroof!

I've got them on my XT4 - I think the main advantage is it makes the vehicle look nicer, although they are the lowest part of the car so can catch on rocks if you go onto rough ground (like mine did yesterday). They can be easily removed - they are held on by 3 brackets each side. Usuful for cleaning the sunroof!

Yes, they definitely help me get to the top of the RAV for cleaning! I also think they have a nice look to them. It wasn't something I would have wanted on it when I bought it but am now glad they're there.

jerij

My dealer advised me against fitting them, because:

a. the sill isn't high enough to warrant them

b. it reduces ground clearance

c. it's all too easy to catch your trouser legs on them when getting in & out (not nice if the bars are covered in mud, as they would be on my car)

Personally, I don't think they look very nice, but that's just my opinion.

I can't believe a dealer would advise against fitting a Toyota option! Point b is valid - it does reduce ground clearance but as for the others - hmmm. ;-)

We had them fitted on our XT4, I think they give the car a nicer look. Unless you are doing serious off road I can't think you would catch them on the ground. I did struggle to fit front mud flaps though, one of the screw holes is obscured by the front of the step (Tip: fit flaps first !!)

We had them fitted on our XT4,  I think they give the car a nicer look.  Unless you are doing serious off road I can't think you would catch them on the ground.  I did struggle to fit front mud flaps though, one of the screw holes is obscured by the front of the step (Tip: fit flaps first !!)

I am very surprised :o :o to hear the word "seious off road" in a Rav4. There is noway I would take a Rav4 off road and risk a chassie twist :eek::eek: . It aint designed for off road. LOL Go and buy a Landcrusier for serious offroad work :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: . Try and sell a Rav4 thats been offroaded and see what happens :D :D :D

Regards 2 all

have a good New Year.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links