Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got A New Yaris!

Yaris_VVTi

:eek:SHOCK HORROR! Just got a new yaris 1.0 vvt-i as a wicked first car. although its not the hyundai getz i wanted lol, its an excellent car (altho im a bit peeved it has no power steering! lol). just got a few queries about modifying it here and there, i dont want to go to chavvy and over the top with it lol.

Whats the average price for a rear spoiler? is the first thing i wanted to know, and secondly.. how hard will it be to get a cd player installed, being as the dashboard has the air-con inbetween the two different parts of the tape player system? any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

hey m8..

first of all... CONGRATS.... let me just say that hyundai getz in its wildest wet hot dreams.. couldnt compare to one backbox of the yaris :)

(had to do it as my car from work is a getz bahh)

ok.. price? between 70-350 pounds i think (im from israel but i think im right).

installing a HU (headunit) in a yaris is explained lots of times .. just do a search for it using the search option..

other mods are lexus lights.. (a must lol) rear spoiler, if u got alloys then u can paint ur calipers etc...

you will remember the yaris for your whole life m8 hehe

Hello, welcome to TOC.

Try reading the how to section or use the search facility.

The answers to your questions have all been posted before and can be found within the forums. :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC! You'll have to post some pics of your Yaris so we can admire!

Although, I thought all Yarii came with power steering, even the base models? So yours should have power steering anyway! :D

I was looking at the Getz, but it really isnt a patch on the Yaris, so you have made an excellent decision my friend!

installing a HU (headunit) in a yaris is explained lots of times .. just do a search for it using the search option..

other mods are lexus lights.. (a must lol)

sorry mate, what i meant was that ive got an older yaris.. 1999 i think so its got the tape player as standard. some of the buttons to operate it are above the air con and the actual area where u insert the tape is below the air con.. what i meant to ask was not how, but whether it was actually possible to get a cd player fitted into it.. and whether it would be easy or not.

and as for lexus lights.. any1 got a pic so i can see what they look like? whats the price for some of those? i'll have a gander if theyre any good after ive got my spoiler and cd player into it.. bring it into 2005 nicely lol.

Although, I thought all Yarii came with power steering, even the base models? So yours should have power steering anyway!  :D

cheers. i'm just waitin for the logbook thingy to come back in the post so i can get the road tax and (legally) whip it out onto the roads!

i think its a 1999 model yaris, and it hasnt got power steering when u start it up, but if there is some buttons or something u have to press to get it on i would like to know lol. has it got anythin to do with the AST button under the tape player?

as for pictures, they will come in the near future when ive modified it slightly, doubt anyone wants to look at a basic yaris on here! lol

Although, I thought all Yarii came with power steering, even the base models? So yours should have power steering anyway!  :D

cheers. i'm just waitin for the logbook thingy to come back in the post so i can get the road tax and (legally) whip it out onto the roads!

i think its a 1999 model yaris, and it hasnt got power steering when u start it up, but if there is some buttons or something u have to press to get it on i would like to know lol. has it got anythin to do with the AST button under the tape player?

as for pictures, they will come in the near future when ive modified it slightly, doubt anyone wants to look at a basic yaris on here! lol

The AST button is to Auto Store the radio stations :)

You could post some before and after pictures, there are a lot of unmodified Yari's on this forum. Unmodified and proud :yes:

The AST button is to Auto Store the radio stations :)

You could post some before and after pictures, there are a lot of unmodified Yari's on this forum. Unmodified and proud :yes:

lol ill get some up soon enough. not too keen on its grey bumpers though, but ill spray them red in the summer to match the metallic red haven that is the yaris.

any1 got any ideas about whether power steering is present then? i thought it wasnt but some ppl are leading me to believe otherwise... (its a 1999 yaris so i wouldnt know.. im not very good with techy aspects! lol) :thumbsup:

.. what i meant to ask was not how, but whether it was actually possible to get a cd player fitted into it.. and whether it would be easy or not.

Simple, two ways, with or without the Fascia surround.. Lookie lookie

:thumbsup:

doubt anyone wants to look at a basic yaris on here! lol

Not true - mines unmodded, so are a few others - doesnt make them less of a car you know!

Firstly, welcome to the club. Secondly congrats on the yaris. Thirdly, post some pics! Lol! Mines aint modded yet either and iv wanted to post pics for a while now, just waiting for my digital camera to arrive thru the post (camera on mobile phone aint that great). So if you have a camera, some pics would be nice. :thumbsup:

welcome

congrats on getting a yaris

1. get a TTE spoiler as on the t-sport model usually cheap on eBay

2. look in the how to's for help on fitting a Head unit

3.DONT get lexus lights

WELCOME to our club :group-cuddles:

great choice of car :thumbsup:

all you need to know about stereo fitting should hopefully be in

our how to's,but if you get stuck ask someone will help you.

get yourself a tte spoiler not over the top,

as for lexus lights not for me but if you like them get them,

good luck with your yari you'll not regret getting one.

kimi :wub:

WELCOME to our club  :group-cuddles:

great choice of car :thumbsup:

all you need to know about stereo fitting should hopefully be in

our how to's,but if you get stuck ask someone will help you.

get yourself a tte spoiler not over the top,

as for lexus lights not for me but if you like them get them,

good luck with your yari you'll not regret getting one.

kimi :wub:

cheers guys! well i was reading in another thread about a guy who had his tte spoiler stolen in broad daylight.. apparently if u pull hard enough they come off..? hearing that is kinda puttin me off them now.. :(

they are only stuck on with double sided tape,

but if your worried you could have it bonded on.

they are only stuck on with double sided tape,

but if your worried you could have it bonded on.

oh righty.. cheers!

well i aint even got it up and running yet. need a new Battery cuz the damn midlands cold has :censor: the current Battery up. bein as ive only just bought it im waiting for the logbook thingy to come back in the post so i can get some road tax on it. main priority is a cd player HU cuz mines a '99 model so it comes with tape player as standard.

ok then..where abouts in the midlands are you from?

im right by cruddy old wolves. what about u?

Yaris' are 10x better than any Getz mate so well played there!

<----------- I've got lexus lights on mine so shut up Lee (knightrider)!

And get some pics up mate, we like to see any Yaris! :thumbsup:

ok then..where abouts in the midlands are you from?

im right by cruddy old wolves. what about u?

i'm in a quiet little town called.....Bilston :lol::lol::lol:

doubt anyone wants to look at a basic yaris on here! lol

Not true - mines unmodded, so are a few others - doesnt make them less of a car you know!

Mine is unmodded aswell!!

Congratulations on getting a Yaris - they are a great car :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links