Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M.o.t Failed (requires Lamda Sensor?)

dave_pfc

Hello all. I have an N reg celica which recently failed the M.O.T due to high pollution levels. This was done at my local Toyota Garage who I presume know a bit about the car. When they checked to see what the problem was they told me that it needs a new lamda sensor which plugs into the exhaust somehow and will cost me £220 just for the part.

Does anyone know firstly if this part really does need replacing on this generation celica and if so whether they cost £220?

Cheers for any feedback! ;)

yes it really does need it . try www.justlambda.co.uk . you can get 1 there a universal 1 for under 50 quid. fitting is a doddle too as long as you dont strip the threads taking the old 1 out and putting the new 1 in.you will also need the wiring diagram as the univeral ones dont come with the toyota multi plug on the end and the wires are different colours. :thumbsup:

This was done at my local Toyota Garage who I presume know a bit about the car. 

mate, u know when the muppets stop filming they all needed jobs and toyota offered them all a job as fitters

i swear gonzo did my service

why pay £ 48 for a £ 25 mot , toyota mot testers dont know anymore than any one else who mots cars , they all follow guidelines set out by the dot at the end of the day and its not car specific at all.

toyota dealers dont fix cars they replace old parts with new ones , and to be honest any donkey can do that.

why pay £ 48 for a £ 25 mot , toyota mot testers dont know anymore than any one else who mots cars , they all follow guidelines set out by the dot at the end of the day and its not car specific at all.

toyota dealers dont fix cars they replace old parts with new ones , and to be honest any donkey can do that.

Donkey_Braying4.jpg

Pass me the hammer!!! :lol:

thats 1 big mf donkey . :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links