Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connecting A Tv To A Stereo

Blue84

Hello All,

I was wondering if I could connect my new TV/DVD combination to my new Stereo system that I got for Christmas/Birthday? I believe there are a certain kind of wire/cable that can do this..but what are they called? Does anyone know? I can put my stereo underneath my tv as the tv is on a wall bracket.

Also I have a camera phone (Nokia 6610i) and was wondering how you get photo's you take on a camera phone onto a pc..again wires/cables are needed for this - do they go into the USB port on the pc?

Any help appreciated!

Blue

TV - your stereo needs an auxilary or AUX input, and your TV needs a stereo audio output. as long as both have them all you need is a set of regular phono leads. then switch your Hi-Fi onto AUX and listen to quality stereo sound through it from your telly

Phone - Yes quite easy, best bet is to look on the Nokia website, there are plenty of ways it can be done (but not knowing that phone 100% ) it can be done through a USB cable or infrared/bluetooth dongles. get hold of any of them and youll be laughing

If you have AV connections on your TV and stereo Yellow White and Red (most new ones do) then you will need the cables like these...

AV%20cable.jpg

Thanks guys, my TV has an AUX output and so does the stereo so I am sorted I hope, will get those cables asap..are they expensive?

they range from 5quid for a cheap one upto 50quid for high quality ones

but id recommend to spend around 10-12 quid for a lead as youll b getting a decent quality screened cable

:thumbsup:

comet sell some decent stuff if you have one in your area

they range from 5quid for a cheap one upto 50quid for high quality ones

but id recommend to spend around 10-12 quid for a lead as youll b getting a decent quality screened cable

:thumbsup:

comet sell some decent stuff if you have one in your area

Sounds like a trip to Lakeside Retail park is in order - I'll wait til my Parents get our new TV I think, maybe they'll buy them for me *I can wish!*

Thanx for the info :thumbsup: