Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Did The Pheasant Cross The Road?

silvasurfa

:censor: wandering pheasant!!!

Joking aside, although very shook up and generally gutted, Pete walked away with only minor bumps,

don't think you can say the same about the car though- only bought it 3 months ago!

frontend.jpg

rearquarterbest.jpg

He lost one wheel completely (still unaccounted for) and completely blocked off the M20 for a bit!

He was very lucky that the roads were very quiet otherwise it could have been a lot worse...

It's a real pain in the aris cos there's no one to blame!

On the plus side hes trying to look on the bright side, 6 hours later he's planning his new car! :blink:

How can you do that hitting a pheasant :o

I regularly hit them where I live, the only danger of crashing is me laughing and the big "poof" of feathers and the snow effect in my rearview!!!

Glad hes ok though :thumbsup:

Hmmm. Pheasant hits fiat and writes it off???? Could be a build quality issue. :unsure:

Glad your bruvs ok tho. Talk him into getting a Toyota. :thumbsup:

After the Phesent hit the car he must of hit something else.. :blink:

No way does one 'cat' sized bird cause that much damage.

Glad to hear your bro is ok :thumbsup:

i hit a pheasent once, was drivin me mophead round the countryside (as yi do) and seen this rather plump phaesent runnin alongside me, (a bit farther infront obv) when i got closer the ******* took off right infront of me n i headbutted him lol! nearly knocked me out but as the song goes "dun dun dun...ANOTHER ONE BITS THE DUST!!" feathers are funny

i hit a pheasent once,

is there anything you haven't crashed into?

*snigger* :lol:

I ran over a little fluffy rabbit the other day. I was devestated :crybaby:. Never killed anything in my life and I hope I wont do it agian. ;)

Ash.

Good on you asha cos Ive yet to rack up a kill bah! I cant consider myself a real man till ive mowed down a fluffy rabbit :arrgg-matey: ...... :unsure:

The car in front of me driving down the A5 at the weekend almost hit a pheasant - the jammy little bird got out of the way - amazingly!

He then scarpered before I got to him, but it was amazing to watch - he was so close to being roadkill!

Its shocking how much damage an animal can do to a car, even a small one, but I agree with Asha, if I hit any animal, I'd be devastated. I thought I killed a baby bird once, as I saw it go under the car and looked out of my mirror and saw this little bird on the road - I was so upset that when I got to Richs (this was when we lived apart) I was unconsolable....

Although when we drove up that road about 30 mins later, the bird was gone, so I hoped he was just stunned and flew away.... :(

Wow thats a lot of damage :eek:

I've never hit an animal, thank god!! I have had to dodge roadkill a lot tho..there has been a dead fox on the dual carriageway that I use to go to work and back everyday and its right near the edge of the inside lane near to the verge...you can tell some people have gone over it..eww!

Years ago I caught a rabit in my headlights.......took avoiding action....but so did the rabit....I am sorry to say that I got it with front and back wheels :crybaby: <_<

If I had been driving a Robin Reliant the rabit would have had a better chance ;)

I ran over a pigeon once after it landed in the middle of the road right in front of me, I was doing 40mph, he looked up and we made eye contact before I bladdered him.

I looked in the rear view mirror and all I saw was a puff of feathers, I felt terrible for days and can still see that look in his eye before I went over him, this was almost 20 years ago!

Also ran over an Alsatian, well he run into my front wheel and I caught him with my back one, I’m sure he was OK as there was no ‘body’ when I looked back!

i plopped over a puppy once , wasn't nice at all cos the kids who owned it saw it happen and were blarring for all of uk , not suprising :crybaby: i felt like !Removed! for days after.

pigeon's are stupid birds,most mornings on my way to work they

are standing in the road..i'm sure they are playing chicken :lol:

did an emergency stop couple of weeks ago for a squirel :D

Hmmm come to think of it I remeber a stupid dog runnin right into the side of my car and knocked itself out. The owner didnt even say sorry for lettin the dog loose. Fortunately it was my dads car :yes:

QUOTE(Matthew_McNally @ Jan 4 2005, 07:14 PM)

QUOTE(barryflood22 @ Jan 4 2005, 06:49 PM)

i hit a pheasent once,

is there anything you haven't crashed into?

*snigger* 

LOL cheeky fu :censor: ers

The highway code says you should not break or undergo any evasive action for anything smaller then a munkjack. aka barking dear..

I regularly run over rabbits, pigeons, dead badgers etc etc :thumbsup:

Rabbits are nasty though, they smear all along the bottom of the supra as its pretty low :(

i aim for cats, hate the f'in things, i stop for hedgehogs though.

i got beat up for hittin a dog a few year ago, owner blamed me even though i was only doin 20 and i only tapped the dog, he opened his car door and the dog ran out in front of me, was not all my fault but he was bigger than me :crutchy:

there must have been summit else on the road he hit to cause that much damage, whats the story? in cases like this i assume he has to claim his own insurance and lose his no claims?

It was either a Robo pheasant, made by an evil corporation to rid the roads of boring non sportscars

or

Where did it happen, many peasants about??? Baldrik!!!

sure as hell can't have been a normal lone Pheasant of the feathered variety... I once laughed when many years ago my dad pulled in the drive and he'd hit a pheasant, it was dangling by its head from a spot light its head had penertrated :D

I'm glad you're brother's okay - phesants can make a nasty mess when they're hit straight on....

Good on you asha cos Ive yet to rack up a kill bah! I cant consider myself a real man till ive mowed down a fluffy rabbit :arrgg-matey: ...... :unsure:

That would be because your car slides right under them! :lol: :P

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links