Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Re-taking My Driving Test...

Rookey

As a few of you may know, I have recently found out that I have to re-take both theory and practical driving tests due to me forgetting to send off after I passed for my full licence...

I have a question though, and before I get judged, its all down to a stupid boy racer attitude that I am thankfully rid of, and know of many worse drivers than myself.

Within the first 2 months of me actually passing my test I owned a Mk1 Honda CRX, and as im sure you are all aware they are quite fast. I got carried away at one point and ended up at just shy of 100mph down a dual carriage way. Obviously, I got pulled for this and faced a court appearance, instead of banning me (as my dad is terminally ill), they gave me 5 points (as you can only recieve 6 within the first 2 years of driving).

Now I am re-taking my tests to gain a licence again, and as such am being re-evaluated by the DVLA, does this mean I will have the 5 points removed as I have proven that I am, once again, safe to roam the roads as a new driver? Will I be eligible for the 6 points within 2 years again? Or do I have to make do with having just the 1?

Sorry for this essay, but in order not be labelled as a boy racer, I felt the need to explain a bit further. :lol:

I have since learnt my lesson and in the 2 years that followed that incident, I haven't recieved any more points.

Cheers for any help!

Dave!

Seeing as you have been driving already dude i doubt you would get 'new driver' treatment. Your points will most likely stay the same. :)

Within the first 2 months of me actually passing my test I owned a Mk1 Honda CRX, and as im sure you are all aware they are quite fast.

Mk1 Honda CRX ....Great car (Was it the first version with 1500 engine?) :thumbsup:

Seeing as you have been driving already dude i doubt you would get 'new driver' treatment. Your points will most likely stay the same. :)

But I am being re-evaluated, ie. taking the test from the beginning again, so surely, if im having 2 years probation...AGAIN, then I should have 6 points? :eek:

Ha ha .. 5 points and you don't have a licence :lol:

Shut it! :P

Within the first 2 months of me actually passing my test I owned a Mk1 Honda CRX, and as im sure you are all aware they are quite fast.

Mk1 Honda CRX ....Great car (Was it the first version with 1500 engine?) :thumbsup:

Great cars!

I was part of hondacrx.co.uk for a fair while, i loved that car... but anyway, it was the very late edition so it had the REALLY light body with the 1.6 16v.

Barry, he had a licence, got 5 points, but he only had the paper "i have passed" thing and didn't send off after a year. So he no longer has a licence but when he passes he will still have the 5 points.

Sorry mate - Leekys right - the points will stay on your record, even though you are retaking your test...

You'd better be an awfully good boy though as the 2 year rule still applies and as you'll be classed as a "new driver" again, if you get one more penalty point in the 2 years after passing, you'll have your licence revoked and you'll have to do it all again..... :eek:

Isnt it 5 years until you can apply for points to be taken off your licence? I dont know.... not got any on mine!

Best of luck for it all though - do you have a test date yet?

You can have points on a provisional licence so your points will stay the same whan you get your new full licence.

You only have to declare the points for 3 years but they are taken off after 4 as far as I was aware?...

Its a shame about the 1 point thing, i'll just have to drive uber safe! :P

I thought points stayed on your license 3 years...(for effect) and were removed after either 4 or 5 years)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links