Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Change Or Not To Change?

Karma Supra

Do I exchange my mr2 for another supra?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do I exchange my mr2 for another supra?

• Yes!!!
    • No!!!!

Today a good mate of mine popped in to visit in a Supra..

Its a last off the line K reg Mk3, thunder grey, black leather interior, 3.0 turbo auto. Very tidy, its just had the entire engine rebuilt, with new bearings rings, headgasket etc, and is having new brakes fitted this week, as well a quiet stock looking aftermarket exhaust (nothing lairy) the car is apart from that bone stock.

Its done 153000 miles, with a full toyota service history and has had all its ball joints bushes changed about 20k miles ago (they often go on mk3s)

I drove it and its lovely and tight (as you know I'm partial to a mk3)

Anyway hes selling it probably for about £2.5ish... I commented that thats what I gave for my mr2 (J reg, similar milage @ 149600, also FSH (toyota), same colour and also with black leather) in april, and hes says his mrs is after an mr2...

Well you guessed it, we might be looking at swapping... what you think folks???

For MR2: economical, I know its reliable and a good runner, don't have to give my mates lifts, T top, mrs loves it

Against mr2: buzzy on the motorway, hairdresser image, occasional drip when wet, no aircon, sometimes 2 seats are a pain!! The image is falling into chav/ricer territory

For supra: Its a mk3 supra! I know them inside out! climate control air con, fast, quiet motorway eater, more of my kind of car, slightly more exclusive then the mr2.

Against supra: thirsty (I do a lot of miles), they are more likely to go wrong!!

Whattya reckon guys 'n gals?????

Well...if i was you i would swap right there and then :D BUT....

You already have a MK3 :( What will happen when the other one is fixed?

Will you keep both? If you can justify having two MK3's then by all means man....

GO FOR IT! :lol::thumbsup:

wheres the, get rid of thr mr2 and die option!!!!!!!

please please please please please dont do it unless he trades in the other thing that we want to!!!! i'll never be able to grope the centre console again :crybaby:

Of course I can justify having two mk3s!!!!

One rare one with no lid for shows and sunny days...

One well maintained not so rare one with a lid for work!

Plus I have loads of supra spares so if anything breaks I'm more likely to have bits to fix it :thumbsup:

You know I'm a sucker for mk3s... cracking cars :thumbsup:

Blimey.. 100 views... not many replies or votes!! :crybaby:

Don't rid yourself of the '2 I still regret selling mine (but then I had no choice). It's good to have variety. :thumbsup:

Not many replies mate because they a both great cars, I couldn't justify getting rid of either...

And there is not "other" or "neither" bit in the poll!lol

I can't vote...

Can't you just find more space on your driveway?lol

xA7x.

You knows it's the sensible thing to do!!! You knows you wants it!!! ;)

Post us a piccie when, not if, you get it! :D

Yves.

I'd go for it.

As you mentioned you have a love for the MK3 and you have a lot of spare parts to use if by any chance something does go wrong with either one.

Sounds like a great car that has been well looked after and maintained, if it was me I'd do it.

Kev :thumbsup:

Keep the MR2 and get the other if you can afford it, as a mate he might do you a good deal. That way every ones a winner :thumbsup:

Failing that option keep the MR2 purely for the variety :)

Keep the MR2 and get the other if you can afford it, as a mate he might do you a good deal. That way every ones a winner :thumbsup:

Failing that option keep the MR2 purely for the variety :)

what he said... :thumbsup:

Swap it mate like you said you know them inside out so i'd swap.

If things did go wrong big time with the 2 would you be able to fix it? Sure you would if it was the mk3 ;) Also if you do alot of miles auto might well be nice.

Simon

I say get the supra as a spare mk3 for winter and keep the "proper" un at home for summer. That way you get to enjoy supra muscle all year round. Besides mr2s are not exactly rare..you can always get another but you aint gonna come across many well kept mk3 supras. Its what you like best so why not?

Mr2 Turbos are my thing just like mk3 supras are yours..so Id love to own two mr2 turbos..one for show..the other for "go" see what I mean?

bin the MR2 .. if it aint a modded Turbo you've invested a load in, you'll pick one up again easy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links