Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Prices Can You Beat Them

dudeone

"pp - I thought the same thing thing until a couple of months ago. But since I replaced my Uniroyals (look, the owner before me put them on, I had them for two months) with the Goodyears I have noticed a hell of a difference"

cool i will see if i notice the diffrence when i put the 17's on. Only thing is that wont be tell the summer

I got nankangs on my 17s at the moment cos thats what the alloys came with..I think they Sport NS-II or summin like that. Theyre actually quite good in the dry, but in the wet its very easy to get the rear to slip - however they do give good feedback and you know when they are going to let go. Its just a shame that their limit in the wet is quite low

but yeah you'll have no such problems with SO-3's, tyres that were designed for an MR2!

I had Nankang Ex500s and they are deadly in the wet. Lift off oversteer and front understeer is just comedy in wet conditions. In the dry they are okish. They are just so wobbly what with that cr*p sidewall design have a look at it..its just a big bulging bubble lol. Not sports tyres at all. For Budget Khumos are much much better. But better off with any remaining cheap S0-2s.. or S0-3s ideally.

Are you sure the S03's are a hard compound? they don't feel very hard to me, and wear out quickly, I;ve only had mine for 6 months and replacement time is just around the corner. They are by far the best tyres I've ever had on the car though :)

Jeezus. You're right, the Bridgestones are a soft compund, hence making them a better tyre for the wet.

My 4xF1.... £470 !!!!!  :crybaby:  :crybaby:

I decided to go Bridgestone's as ive read a lot regarding these tyres and most everyone has recommended them to me.

Bridgestone Potenza's X4 £368 ;)

Went with a changed set up from std.

2X 205/50/15

2X 225/50/15

Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

A guy that works for Jet tyres recomended I use Goodyear F1's for road use , going by the weight of the car apparently, He seemed to know his stuff , but then again he might just have a job lot he needs to get shut of  :angry:

I need a new set soon so if anyone else has the Goodyear F1's , would be nice to know what they think of them

they are all i've been using for the last year or so. excellent tyres in all conditions. im still on my first set of rears after all this time (which are the ones supposed to wear first - engine in the back etc.), but im on my 2nd set already on the front, but the tracking was off so that explains a lot of the wear.

defo go 205.50.15 on the front though - from the standard 195.55.15.

i've just gone 195.50.15 on my new set of fronts because i got a blinding deal on them, but the handling isnt as good now as it was with the 205's, and using most tyre calculators i can see why as my new profile is about 6% off original!

looking forward to trying some bridgestones to compare though :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links