Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strong Winds!

Blue84

Last night the winds were really bad here, infact they probably were everywhere in the UK!

The Yaris was parked across the road from my house, and as the winds were so bad I was looking out my window at it..and I saw a blue plastic recycling box get blown down the pavement, onto the road infront of my Yaris, into the front bumper and along the front of it and then across the road hitting a Focus C-max and got caught under the rear bumper of my Dad's Fiesta.

This morning I go out to the Yaris and found two scratches on the front bumper at the same height as the front numberplate where the :censor: thing went across the front of it.

I am not happy!! I am hoping they will T-Cut out as they are only an inch long and above each other.

Anyone else suffered from it?

Blue

My Wheelie bin got blown into the middle of my garden, but at the mo their is a pond (we had lots of rain last night) where the grass was so I cant get it. :angry:

Winds been very strong here all morning, prolly the remainder of what you had last night.

No damage here though.

Sorry to hear about that box damaging Jade's paintwork. I hope you can get those scratches sorted with T-Cut. :)

Yves.

yeah its been very windy around here too,we lost our front fence

snapped the stumps clean off !!

when mark went to work early am(4am!) there was a lump of cement

on bonnet of micra came off our roof,very glad yari is tucked up in

the garage.

Our company transports large static caravans all the trucks and trailers are loaded up for a Sunday start, I only wish that I had taken my vid to work this morning because they were rocking about like a ship in a storm, I was half expecting them to flip! :lol:

This is seriously bad weather we are having at the mo -

Have a guy coming to buy a car from Ireland who's stuck on a boat in between some rocks just off the coast of West Scotland - he's been on it since 6am this morning!!! NIGHTMARE!!!

Apparently their waiting for the tides and the water levels to Increase and get another boat to tow them back in :o

Rash.

P.S. be careful if you're driving....

I found it hard to keep the car under control last night when I was going back to manchester. The wind made the car serve, and when it was in front the car would not exceed 70MPH, good thing is that I only used 2.5Gallons of petrol instead of 3Gallons

That bad here last night/morning got woke up at 4 am to the sound of what

we thought was next door moving furniture against the wall :censor:

only to find out our TV aerials was rolling up & down the roof :crybaby:

On my way to work today there were the usual loads of fences down........Wheelie binds everywhere, carrier bags in trees etc.

There were also lots of trees down ( big ones too ) all over the place , there was a prefab/portakabin near work that had blown over onto it's roof just beside one of the main roads too.

The most Bizarre thing though ...A BUS SHELTER ! Flat on it's back, glass everywhere and half of the pavement still stuck to the bottom of it . I've never known wind like it up here

Rich

I found it hard to keep the car under control last night when I was going back to manchester.  The wind made the car serve, and when it was in front the car would not exceed 70MPH, good thing is that I only used 2.5Gallons of petrol instead of 3Gallons

You get alot of wind on the M62 ANYWAY.... :unsure::wacko: :!Removed!:

Had loads of fun trying to keep on the right side of the road today :!Removed!:

on my bus just sooo glade I didn't go to the Trafford Centre :blink:

Gee... It's been windy up here, but nothing that bad - just peeing with rain :( Hopefully there'll be snow soon :thumbsup:

A mate of mine had his truck overturn in the high winds

He's OK but is stuck in Carlisle at the moment.

But I'll tell you what: I've got strong winds brewing at the moment :ph34r:

my dad called me about an hour ago, he got a lend of his mates car, an audi TT while he is in London. Going to the london boat show this upcoming week. And well....he parked it alongside a lorry trailer, which had a huge digger on the back of it, during the winds lasnight it snapped its cables and the hydraulic arm fell through the roof if it. THANKFULLY!!! he aint liable cause he just has to prove the arm wasnt secured well enouh.

It was pretty bad here in Omagh too though

This is seriously bad weather we are having at the mo -

Have a guy coming to buy a car from Ireland who's stuck on a boat in between some rocks just off the coast of West Scotland - he's been on it since 6am this morning!!! NIGHTMARE!!!

Apparently their waiting for the tides and the water levels to Increase and get another boat to tow them back in 

Rash.

P.S. be careful if you're driving....

head about that on the news, was a P&O ferry i think. 100 ppl onboard

I found it hard to keep the car under control last night when I was going back to manchester.  The wind made the car serve, and when it was in front the car would not exceed 70MPH, good thing is that I only used 2.5Gallons of petrol instead of 3Gallons

You get alot of wind on the M62 ANYWAY.... :unsure::wacko: :shutit:

LOL I have seen carvans get blown down the embankment were the farm is inbetween the M62 that is very dodgy to drive through. :unsure:

I had to get up at nine frigging thirty on a weekend to come to Milly's rescue....

she was half way down the drive and confronted with a fallen tree....

nothing like a smokey, aging and unreliable chainsaw to wake you up in the morning!!!! :ffs:

Matt do you know if any part of the M62 is likely to get flooded, cos Im on my way to Hull today.

Also is there a certain height of water I can drive through?

m62 aint floodable really mate.... not on your route anyway :)

just watch over for the mist in pennines and the wind from pennies onwards

Matt do you know if any part of the M62 is likely to get flooded, cos Im on my way to Hull today.

Also is there a certain height of water I can drive through?

I'd be more worried about the wind TBH. Once you get past Ferrybridge it's pretty flat out there and theres not much to slow down the wind before it blows across the Motorway (I'm guessing by the time you read this vmail you'll know for yourself).

I had an odd dream last night...

A mate of mine was a Lorry driver for "USR" and was driving those seriously tall narrow robot carriers on I, Robot (they make robots but have human driers... how odd :lol: :P)

He said they are dodgey in the wind. esp when crossing the severn bridge :lol::lol::lol:

WTF!!!??? :lol: