Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rusty Discs... Pic Inside

eternity575

**** im jokin!!! DONT!!!!

stops em squeeling too....

That last pic looks about right...if you compare the two the surface area the pad covers in the latter is far greater than the first.

Take it back to the dealers.

Vipes

**** im jokin!!! DONT!!!!

stops em squeeling too....

That last pic looks about right...if you compare the two the surface area the pad covers in the latter is far greater than the first.

Take it back to the dealers.

Vipes

I agree... that other picture looks normal.. the 1st picture deffinately has the alarm bells ringing.

And.. putting a little copper greese on the back of the pads helps stop the squeeling ;)

My car is only 5 weeks old and rust is already forming on the brakes, are your brakes anything like these as your picture is too blurry, with the rust on the outside of the brake disc.

KIF_1360.jpg

Hi armoredfist, I have a new Corolla and within a few weeks rust was forming on the wheel hubs, took it back to the dealers and complained that this should not happen on a new car and was not acceptable with £13000 price tag, they agreed and fixed to my satisfaction, four months on still ok, go complain and demand a fix.

Let us know how it goes. Will be interesting to see what they have to Say.

Vipes

like i thought.. the "garage manager" told me that "its ok! nothing to it! sure it fits, dont worry about a thing" but im still worried.

tommorow ill take a good cam, and shoot those things, send it toyota-israel's main office.

they didnt hear the last of me!

• 3 years later...

Ask the garage what kind of discs they've put on your car?

Ask for make, model and source - give you a better idea of the quality of the discs

I'll put money on them buying cheap imitations and not OEM recommended which is why they're going rusty so quickly. Either that or you need to drive your car more to stop the rust forming.

By the way replacing just the brake pads won't fix the squealing. It will prob get worse as the new pads take time to bed in. If you want to fix both problems at once try getting your brakes skimmed. The new lathes are hub mounted, can take off anywhere of 0.001 thou (perfect for surface rust) and compensate for manuel run-out. A new surface matched with a new pad may stop the squealing if it's coming from the brakes.

Good luck

nice of you to reply to this trying to help mate but...

do you realise the threads over 3 years old?? :P

nice of you to reply to this trying to help mate but...

do you realise the threads over 3 years old?? :P

I bet they are well rusty now then! :lol: