Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Start

earpl

ive got it on my cliffy 600, its awesome.

just leave the heaters set at night, then 5mins before leaving tap the keyfob, and she cracks up and is noce and toasty by the time i out!

also great for summer when its been left out, just do it but with the aircon left switched on

Yeh it's really good! I would imagine it's a necessity on those cold mornings over in UK, but a must over here in the summer for the AC...Got in my car once in the summer, tempreature inside was roughly 55 C! Ouch!

Where can you buy these systems? Sound interesting! Obviously the engine cuts out when car is tampered with or something?

yup mine stays fully alarmed and locked, even if you do try to drive off it locks the doors, cuts out and turns on the alarm.

plus you can disarm the alarm, give someone the keys and tell them to drive off..... and itll still set the alarm off and cut out :D

theres a little sequance of events that you have to do so the car knows its you ;)

I read someone had a Cat 1 alarm fitted with a remote starter button and all for about £600, which is good considering that includes the alarm as well.

Storm has this aswell, he done it at the last Scottish meet and we were all like wtf? It just started! :thumbsup:

ive got it on my cliffy 600

Hey Jaxx.... how much did u pay for one of those?? Does it include fitting...etc etc??

950 for the full cliffy 600 with intellistart and fitting

:eek: wow... £950??? thats way too expensive for me then.... cant afford an alarm at that price.....

Anyone got any gd idea for an alarm at around £400?? Doesnt have to have the remote start, cos if i go to uni next year then i would like to have a bit of security..

Thx

Ray

id highly recommend the toad ai606 our lass has just had this fitted and it cost a fiver short of 300 notes fully fitted

nice piece of kit and fully Cat rated

would love a remote start, but lil short on cash at the mo so will have 2 wait but somthing 2 consider me thinks

Storm has this aswell, he done it at the last Scottish meet and we were all like wtf? It just started! :thumbsup:

It's fab isn't it! :D

The Clifford Intelliguard 950 with the remote start module was £700.

do they bypass the immobilser?

You would have to fit a relay to prevent your computer from crashing when you start the car ;)

the PC isnt on the main battery

;) ;) ;) ;) = humour ;)

Does anyone know the correct websites for these systems? I've tried to look them up but can't really find decent descriptions or prices...

Would they work with a diesel? Its just that we have to wait until the glow plugs are up to temperature before starting "proper".

Cheers,

Alan

the cliffy can be calibrated to start a diesel

it switches the ignition on and then waits for the sense for the glowplug light to go off, and then cracks it up :D

alanbradley the best ones to get in my opinion are the clifford systems. I would have got one myself, but i couldn't find anywhere that sells clifford stuff in CY! :ffs: Try here, or otherwise try one of your nearest car accessories shops. Good luck! :thumbsup:

for 950... ill stay in your car at night...

ill bring a siren from home..

when u want her started up.. just sms me, ill do it for ya...

all and all, you can also have my backrub service, which is another 400 a month, my "change-the-channel-please" service.. (another 100 quid).... oh, i almost forgot the "wake-you-up-when-u-fall-asleep" emergency service (50 quid a month) and another 350 quid a month for the "tire-changing-on-the-spot-service"..

all comes to... hmph... about 1000 quid installation fee. and another 1000 quid a month for a total security package...

AND YOU CAN GO TO THE UNIVERSITY FEELING SECURE..

special (just for TOC members) : ill throw in a free "protected by Me (BOOOOOOH!)" decals for you guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links