Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Owner

Assie

Hello everybody,

As you may alreay know, I'm new here. HI!

I bought my yaris as my very first car last july and i am really loving it :yes:

it's a 2000 build GLS 1 litre (and it's silver, notice the photos). All this thread is about is, i have itchy fingers and want to upgrade the look of the car. The only thing is, i don't want/have the funds to spend that much. I have so far replaced the wheel trims (can't afford alloys :crybaby: ) and put in a new tax disk holder. GET ME and my fancy mods.

At the minute, i am upgrading the audio. I'm putting some JBL's in the doors and parcel shelf, a kenwood subwoofer and sony amp in the boot. Where am i getting the money for this i hear you ask? I'm not, it's all the stuff my brother ripped out of his previous cars that he can't fit in his elise (he just about fits his iPod in)!!! so, i am getting this all for free (i hope, he hasn't mentioned money yet).

So, what i'm asking is, what can i do for very little money? things like badges, stickers and bits of plastic i can stick on!! any ideas will be greatly appreciated!! Here's my car looking lovely in last years summer sun (minus the lovely new trims) :

myyaris01.jpg

myyaris02.jpg

If you like, i'll post when i get my audio upgrade in!!

Thanks for listening

Assie

Join Gold and for the lowly sum of £25 you'll feel good about supporting the club and you'll receive a very nice exclusive sticker pack!

Can I suggest u de-badge the rear of the car, less is more mate! :thumbsup:

Don't try the front Badge, it'll leave 2 holes! :yes:

looks a nice clean car,try not to abuse it by spending all your money at Halfords,less is sometimes more! please dont get a shopping trolley spoiler...... :eek:

Get rid of the parkind sensors too! They upset the look of the rear and in a Yaris they're pretty much useless... back of car is where the car is!!

oooo, replies!! thank you!

So, so far we have this:

*removed picture*

(showed rear view with toyota logo Badge removed (photshopped))

I'm liking that, but how difficult would removing the sensors be?? I want to get rid of them cause i can rely on the friend or family who's with me to shout "whoa" gradually louder and faster!!!

upgrading my membership sounds cool, maybe something to look into as i get into my toyota driving career!! anybody have a snap of the decals you get??

cheers

Assie

Have a look in my garage for a pic of the main sticker you get, or alternativly, have a look here....

_DSCF0055.JPG

Unfortunatley, this was when my car was a bit dirty, but you can still see it!! You also get two small black ones with Gold writing on and a medium size one in black that says you are a gold member!

if you cant afford a back box, a nice exhaust trim. i have one and fits snugly against the bumper. Not too big and not too small. Altho it does rattle so i have to sort that out.

how about a black sunstrip. looks better and aids with the sun. plus you can support TOC like me and put the link on there :)

chrome numberplate surrounds are really nice thing to have. they cost about £10 each but look really nice, especially on a silver car. i only had one on the front of my silver yaris when i had it. if you look in my 'old garage' link on my signature on this post. there is a photo and cost of every mod i did. :)

i have practically the same car as you, except yours is GLS and mine is S. but same colour and amount of doors. mine used to look like that.

some pix :)

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

ps. pix r old-ish. car doesnt have the "show" plates on (fully legal btw). Mud flaps are took off. Pipercross is on but no pix. Seat covers were took off ages ago (they sucked, took me a while to realise). I want to take stupid petrol cap off. Hopefully getting lowering springs today. Also another sub, amp and 6 by 9s.

Can I suggest u de-badge the rear of the car, less is more mate! 

Don't try the front badge, it'll leave 2 holes!

Just remember NOT to use any metallic things when removing, you WILL scratch the paint!! If you really wanna take the front toyota Badge off without the 2 holes showing up, replace it with this like me:

devil.jpg

But, i'm not quite sure are these badges available in UK.

looks good :thumbsup: should be good when lowered..are ya getting a bodykit for her mirrors sprayed and interior jazz up at some stage?

yep them max seatcovers are crappy looking :lol: but nice car

thanks for all the replies everybody, i am getting some really great ideas from you all. Ok, let me make a list of the things i like the sound of:

1. Debadging the back,

2. put in a black sunstrip,

3. chrome number plate surrounds,

4. breezer, nice car... it looks like mine but cooler!! can you give me a little information on your rear lights, they look nice!! also, it's a bit hard to see, but do you have tinted side indicators. How do you think that will look on mine?

5. if anybody could tell me where i can get a Badge like Jusa-O's, that would be great!!

6. what do you guys think about getting a black grille, just a suggestion!!

Thanks for all of your suggestions, and thanks for being so welcoming to a new boy!! :thumbsup:

Assie

EDIT: will removing the parking sensors be a huge pain, i'm guessing it's going to leave holes in the bumper!! :yes:

I would say, do nothing.

If you've not got money to spend on it, then the 'mods' you do will reflect that.

just save abour £300-400 and you'll get some reasonable 15" alloys with decent tyres if you shop about.

or for probably the best thing you could do to the car, get decent suspension on it, good springs & shocks will transform the handling.

again i'd urge you not to go down the route of chrome stick on bits, washer led's, sunstrips, chrome gear knobs, etc.

good things come to those who wait, apparently.

i myself believe in cheap mods and dont really think my car reflects this (wel not too much anyway) if i bought expensive mods i really want i wud only have a carbon bonnet and coilovers at the moment and that would be pretty dull to say the least, yes u do get wot u pay for but a balance between the two often works well check my garage by clicking below!

:thumbsup:

only reason i havent paid for tinted lights is coz i dont want it to be permanent. so my tights will do for now :D

only reason i havent paid for tinted lights is coz i dont want it to be permanent. so my tights will do for now :D

That's not something you read every day! :D

Do think it's a stroke of genius though!!! just think of all the colour options!! :lol: How legal is that btw breezer? just wondering!!

Assie

I've got a bog standard d-4d at the moment with 14" steels.

My mods will be;

1) TTE -30mm springs at £137 from Toyota

2) a set of Corolla 15" steels and standard trims with 195/50 tyres

3) a tunit box for 95hp/230Nm

Understated, but potent :D

assie - wouldnt say its illegal at all. It certainly makes the lights darker, but the light shines through easily :)

i havent been pulled. and the police round here are, lets say, strict.

so good cheap mod :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links