Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Owner

Assie

hey, sorry i've been a bit silent, just been doing some thinking!! I relieved clarky of his alloys, (cheers for that clarky, and nice yaris btw!!!) so all being well, they will be going on next weekend, just have to talk to direct line first. How do you think it will affect my premium? i have yet to tell them i have a new disklok steering wheel lock. I hope they don't tell me to b*gger off!! :ffs:

right, trying to get my hands on some devil horns for the back. Also, the suggestion of colour coding my boot pull and wiper, do i just rip them off and spray them. how about colour coding the reverse sensors?

I still have all that audio stuff to go in, sssoooo busy weekend ahead! expect photos, I'll just keep a photo updated on the first post....

Assie

Detail the Engine bay. It's one of the cheapest and most satisfying jobs you can do to the car. It's not as obvious as external mods, but definitely worth it

Rich

You're welcome mate - good to meet you. Make sure you get a set of locking nuts fitted and make sure you tell the insurance company that you have them.

Also I'd be making sure that they knew that they are still Yaris alloys ... cant hurt can it?

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to get a bodyshop to colour code all of the rear stuff - sensors, boot pull etc and if you do tell me where!!

Also - are you going to the midlands meet this coming sunday?

i have this weekend off work, and two weeks holiday coming up. A perfect oppurtunity to work on my car!!

Midlands meet sounds cool, at least i'd get to know some people, not just shove some money in their hand and drive off with their alloys (i hope it didn't feel like that clarky, i really had to dash :P )!!

well, i'll keep you guys updated and get some pics up

Thanks for all your help guys, really appreciate it! ;)

Assie

I've reached an obstacle!! phoned direct line this afternoon, happy to pay a bit more on my premium, all i got was "no mods till you're 25." shall i try and change my insurance company or am i going to find that everywhere...?

Only 7 years till i can put me alloys on!! :ffs:

Assie

shop around m8 tell them they are standard yaris alloys but from a different model and say they adding no value to the car.. might help

Premiums are worked out on risk ... adding value would probably add to the premium as there's more risk of them either getting nicked, and cost more to the insurer to replace them.

Try an insurer thru your trade union, Frizzell thru Unison are brilliant.

I remapped my 61hp smart to 90hp and removed the speed limiter for £10 per annum on my premium.

ok, busy weekend!! here's what my brother and i produced:

myyarisboot.jpg

Have yet to tidy up the wires, we had to go back inside before are hands fell off from the cold. It sounds great, let me tell you!! especially seeing as it cost me next to nothing (just the wires and fitting stuff). got some JBLs going into the doors, once Halfords get me those adaptors i ordered, should be expecting them around about last saturday!! :censor:

also, when no one was looking, we popped on one of the alloys i bought. have a look:

myyarisalloy.jpg

Thay look a bit better than the Halfords trims at the back, right??

And here's a side shot, with the rear one photoshopped in. opinions??

myyarisalloy01.jpg

I'm back to steel until i can someone to insure me with them!!

Assie

Thay look a bit better than the halfords trims at the back, right??

And here's a side shot, with the rear one photoshopped in. opinions??

They look A LOT better! :thumbsup:

Shame about the insurance... have you tried Adrian Flux?

have you tried Adrian Flux?

applied for a quote online, waiting for a response!! i'll just phone around a few places and ask them (adrian flux included). i have only been with direct line since last august, can i just cancel my cover and go with someone else or do i have to wait till this august?? sorry for being such a noob!!

can't wait to get my alloys on!!

Assie

Are you named driver? If so your building NCB with Direct Line at the moment (im with them... but I have alloys on my car at the moment, but they dont wanna know!). If your named driver stick with them sill the end of the policy otherwise you will get NOTHING and your time with them pointless as you gained no NCB.

Im going for Norwich Union if they are mod friendly come May when my insurance is up.

You can change mid way thrpugh your cover - they work out how much the difference is and you get a final figure for however many months it is...

I was staggered at how little my premium was with Adrian Flux recently - give them a call.

As everyone says the best thing to do is to get your no claims bonus going. I had a company car for years and had to start from scratch again - not good!

BTW - the wheels look good ... now come the lowering springs, the induction system ...

Let us know how you get on mate

Im going for Norwich Union if they are mod friendly come May when my insurance is up.

Yeah mate I'm with Norwich Union and they charged me nothing for my alloys aslong as they had locking wheelnuts and only added £60 for my suspension which imo is worth it! Don't think they cared about my system, lexus lights etc! :thumbsup:

Sweet, sounds good Ryan. I dont think sound system comes into it, as long as its not OTT and loads of stuff on view.

Do you phone them when you get the mod fitted? Or I've seen their is an amend policy online system so can you use that?

I just phoned them mate easiest way I reckon and my 6x9's are OTT mate, have a look at some pictures! :lol::thumbsup:

True, they need stealth shelfing or something, they always get nicked!

No I meant OTT as in custom door builds with 3 Speakers or so in each door, etc thats OTT.

True, they need stealth shelfing or something, they always get nicked!

No I meant OTT as in custom door builds with 3 Speakers or so in each door, etc thats OTT.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links