Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Firefox

Stu8

Just downloaded Firefox it is no much better then MIE.

No more pop ups no more hassle and hopefully a slap free life from now on :thumbsup:

the only problem i'm having is Microsoft is always telling to go back on there browser when i'm reading my emails in msn :rolleyes:

Oh and another thing why does TOC have a Lexus Badge when you save it in your favourites. :bye:

Do you also find it faster then IE to load and browse, that coupled with the popup blocker and improved security make it an excellent choice.

Just downloaded Firefox it is no much better then MIE.

No more pop ups no more hassle and hopefully a slap free life from now on :thumbsup:

the only problem i'm having is Microsoft is always telling to go back on there browser when i'm reading my emails in msn  :rolleyes:

Oh and another thing why does TOC have a Lexus badge when you save it in your favourites.  :bye:

Hi,

I get the Lexus logo up too.....MUCH BETTER than IE and its faster loading web pages too!

Its a must download :thumbsup:

I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I think it's pretty good too - except that when I hit the back button it always returns to the top of the previous page not the place that I went from. Also the "My Assistant" doesn't work too well. Click on "My Assistant" and it fires up another instance of Firefox but then reloads the page you've just come from. You can click it again and it will work (still in the same window) but then it looses the buttons at the top (and the menu) so no way of going back to a previous page. Anyone with any help with this? - it might just be a configuration problem on my PC.

EDIT

just been to the JAE website but did not have the same problems with the back button - strange.

EDIT

Edited by ae111sr

nope dont get any problems with the back button :wacko:

I dont think it' loads up any quicker as i'm still on the same bandwith

but it does run more smoothly as the pc isn't crashing with the stupid amounts of popups MIE used to give me :thumbsup:

But surely the best feature is tabbed browsing. You can set up the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab.

When I read the forums, I just middle-click on all the topics or articles I want to read and they come down at once. Then you just read and close each tab, great for speed reading lots of stuff on broadband.

Cheers

Paul.

But surely the best feature is tabbed browsing.  You can set up the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab.

When I read the forums, I just middle-click on all the topics or articles I want to read and they come down at once.  Then you just read and close each tab, great for speed reading lots of stuff on broadband.

Cheers

Paul.

I really do like the tabbed browsing that Firefox offers. I have never understood why IE has not got it. Much better to have one window open than several.

But surely the best feature is tabbed browsing.  You can set up the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab.

When I read the forums, I just middle-click on all the topics or articles I want to read and they come down at once.  Then you just read and close each tab, great for speed reading lots of stuff on broadband.

Cheers

Paul.

theres a really easy user.js hack that allows you to say whether links should be opened in a new window, new tab or existing tab ;)

similarly there's an extension that should fix the hotmail pages.

And as with all of the above posts I must agree that FireFox is a neat browser, been using it a while now, and no problems ;)

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links