Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Vs Polo Gti 1.6 2001model

admanirv

Hi,

my mate has a polo gti 1.6, im wondering how my t sport will compare acceleration wise, im not a racer!, just he say he will wipe the floor with me!?!?!

thanks

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• admanirv

• tim220171

• Ryan1985

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirly.

The Polo GTI has a 0-60 of 8.7 whereas the T-Sport has 9.0

You have 105BHP he has 125BHP.

Your top speeds are pretty much the same.

I would be interested to know what would happen. It would be pretty close, I would have to say the T-Sport would handle better in corners etc.

End of the day, his car is £2k more than yours at new, and I can't remember which insurance group, but its like 13 or 14, yours is 8.

So acceleration wise, neck and neck, just down to the drive I say, cause not much is in it.

Oi! Quiet U :P I drive one.

VW, German 2nd best to Jap.

The rest dont even have a rank, Pug, Renault, Fiat bottom of the pile.

It never ceases to amaze me how 15 hp down doesnt make a lot of difference

Toyota have done really well to get the kind of performance it has from a less powered engine than in other small hatchbacks . You really see the benefit when it comes to the insurance

Here , in Spain if you want a Corsa GSI or Pug 206 GTI , then you can forget it as no one will touch them ." YAris T sport , Whats that , yeak ok , you can have that "

Anyone been up against the citroen c2 vtr or better still the newer vts

After I got the yaris I was a bit gutted that I didnt get the C2 . I liked it quite alot actually . Was never into the SAxo though . The C2 is a welcome replacement

So then ? VTR / VTS who´s driven against one?

I like the C2, would get one, the VTS BUT its a Chav car, in Max Power and that would do my head in.

I would buy and modify one though :)

It never ceases to amaze me how 15 hp down doesnt make a lot of difference

Toyota have done really well to get the kind of performance it has from a less powered engine than in other small hatchbacks .

But people spend £100’s adding bits to their cars to try and increase the bhp by even less :eek:

Theres not much in it with the polo, a mate had one and it is quicker but its based on a 10 year old car so is a poor handler compared to the YTS. Dont bother trying a lupo GTi though, They make the yaris look slow! (I'm getting one next)

YTS has no problem seeing off anything of the VTR variety. The saxos are quicker than the C2 but all C2 VTR's have that really pants gearbox that makes them slow. Not seen a VTS on the road yet, will have to wait and see!

Oh and my local citroen dealer is selling C2 VTS brand new 54 reg for 9995! thats 2k off list already making it a bargain.

But people spend £100’s adding bits to their cars to try and increase the bhp by even less  :eek:

:blink: Like?.. When would you want to make it less? :unsure:

well guys bad news is is that the C2 is one of the unsexiest cars voted by women...so dont expect to be noticed or admired by the gals :lol:

Not sure on all the details but the 110 bhp in the vtr has been tweeked up to 125 for the vts . As to the handling or gearbox , I dont know

I agree with you Radtoy , that Lupo is damn good ( coz its so small and light . I think the power to weight ratio is even better than YTS )

What about the old pug 106 gti ? that was pretty quick and also smaller and lighter than the 206 . Anybody driven against one of them ?

rarely seen those Lupos . I saw one , in silver , gti . Some young 18 yar old was driving it ( lucky git , still , hat off to him though . ) Lets hope he doesnt total it is the first few months

There are many 206 gti wrecked in breakers yards where I live . Only coz the power is too much for most younger drivers to handle. My Brother had one and said it was one of the best small cars he ever drove BUT you needed to respect it

Thats why they are on the black list for insurance companies over here . Just too many write offs .

Thax Yaris30, note taken.

Anyway the Lupo GTI is one of the worst rides ever, it feels HORRIBLE. My friend who sells VWs hates it! Its rough as anything. Does look quite nice though.

The Yaris engine is brand new, and very refined on a new (ish) platform, obviously its been around a while now but its still good.

Didn't know that about the C2 Gearbox.

And Chappers, he meant people modify their cars to add BHP, spend £100s on it and get like a 5BHP increase and things like that.

vts's slowly get past my yaris, but it does :( my mate has a VTR and he's convinced its faster than mine even though every time we go at the lights i end up infront of him.... i can 0-60 in 8.27 secs any one doesnt beliveve me ive got a video of the speedo.

The C2 weights more than the Yaris, cause the 1.6 VTR (110BHP) does 0-60 in 9.5sec, yaris has less power but accelerates faster than that.

Yes the Lupo is one fantasticly fast git, but its like half a Polo, and has a pocket rocket engine and has no comfort, its a little racing beast.

C2 unsexy ?

Ive seen a couple of nice birds driving em recently

Paaah , !Removed! peoples surveys .

I get really bothered by things like that , you know , " scientist have said /proved ( yeah )

surveys have said etc

earpl I forget what tuning you have... I shall check your garage. Would love to see that video :)

Whats the peak RPM in the TS? For peak torque? Or does it depend on which gear your in?

Website linky for that information please :)

Like the Yaris is a girls car for instance tim? And most other cars... its lame, they have to find something poor about every car!

i'll host the vid tonight, its not edited in any way just cut down from the moment the needle moves till it hits exactly 60mph and the length is 8.27 secs. NORM back me up (and host it please :D)

And Chappers, he meant people modify their cars to add BHP, spend £100s on it and get like a 5BHP increase and things like that.

:thumbsup: True, tuning a paper bag..

You can't polish a !Removed!. ;)

Oi! Quiet U :P I drive one.

VW, German 2nd best to Jap.

The rest dont even have a rank, Pug, Renault, Fiat bottom of the pile.

Man fiat! i had a mk2 punto sporting was a 1.2 16v 0-60 was 10.9, and was a damn good lookign car, shame it wasnt that reliable!

the yaris  isnt a girls car ..plenty of men driving them ..i know Ive seen them ..even ould lads  :lol:

Yeah agree a lot with people views here, the main reason why i chose a yaris t sport was it performance for such a low insurance group car. It really can shift compared to similar spec cars of a highier insurance group, im impressed with the chasis and steering too.

Hats off to toyota for creating a meating car for a 1.5 litre engine. Im deciding to get an apexi air filter for my t sport and making a heat shield, though will this knock anything off the 0-60? (very much doubt it!?!)

Like the Yaris is a girls car for instance tim? And most other cars... its lame, they have to find something poor about every car!

Yes Ive heard that one too off acouple of people who have seen my car or asked what i'd got . However when Ive had someone inside it they comment on how comfy it feels and how nice the styling is inside .

At the end of the day , you pay more for toyota but they dont go wrong !

My mum has had several toyotas over the years and had no problems , worth every penny . She currently has a corolla 1.6 auto , a lovely car . Would have probably bought the corolla t sport if i had the money at the time

Anyone had a go at a Punto HGT? Well don't!

I've been in drb5's Yaris (the most tuned engine wise Yaris on this site?)and its fast but no where near as fast as my brother's HGT!

And about the Polo GTi, I bet 1 off the lights with 2 mates in the car till about 25mph when i had to change into 2nd gear, not quick off the lights but will catch up soon after! :thumbsup:

Anyone had a go at a Punto HGT? Well don't!

I've been in drb5's Yaris (the most tuned engine wise Yaris on this site?)and its fast but no where near as fast as my brother's HGT!

And about the Polo GTi, I bet 1 off the lights with 2 mates in the car till about 25mph when i had to change into 2nd gear, not quick off the lights but will catch up soon after! :thumbsup:

The Punto has around 130 hp doesnt it ? Would explain why it gets ahead

:o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links