Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Vs Polo Gti 1.6 2001model

admanirv

Anyone had a go at a Punto HGT? Well don't!

I've been in drb5's Yaris (the most tuned engine wise Yaris on this site?)and its fast but no where near as fast as my brother's HGT!

And about the Polo GTi, I bet 1 off the lights with 2 mates in the car till about 25mph when i had to change into 2nd gear, not quick off the lights but will catch up soon after! :thumbsup:

Id have to disagree with you there, my mate has a "mark 2 punto hgt", the 0-60 is round the 8.6 mark, i had a little race against him in my t sport, yeah he beat me but not by much. The hgt is a 1.8 litre 130bhp bout 120 at the wheels. I used to drive these as i was a punto sporting mk2 boy till recently (like my yaris more!).

I had a 1.2 sporting they were fast for there engine size, handling wasnt that good though!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• admanirv

• tim220171

• Ryan1985

Top Posters In This Topic

Id have to disagree with you there, my mate has a "mark 2 punto hgt", the 0-60 is round the 8.6 mark, i had a little race against him in my t sport, yeah he beat me but not by much. The hgt is a 1.8 litre 130bhp bout 120 at the wheels. I used to drive these as i was a punto sporting mk2 boy till recently (like my yaris more!).

0-60 in my bro's HGT is around the 7.5 secs mark. Also hit 135mph with a blown downpipe. All I'm saying is that I have been in the highest powered T-Sport I know of and its fast but nothing on a Punto HGT which is around the same price and in the same genre of car, hot hatch!

The T-Sport is a warm hatch! :thumbsup:

Haha, warm.

I wasn't saying the Yaris is a girls car btw, just that is what some people say, I disagree. I say its an untouched gold mine of joy! Or something like that.

Never been in a race situation, dont feel i ever would be, so whats the point of 0-60 as long as you know you can over take and do what you want, when you want to.

Never been in a race situation, dont feel i ever would be,

So if a muppet in a 1.2 Corsa SXi thinking he was the nuts pulled up next to you, you're saying you wouldn't burn him? I finding that hard to believe tbh. :huh:

Im more of a sound show off than a speed show off.

I would but not in my current car! He would burn me out (sad but true).

Anyone had a go at a Punto HGT? Well don't!

I've been in drb5's Yaris (the most tuned engine wise Yaris on this site?)and its fast but no where near as fast as my brother's HGT!

And about the Polo GTi, I bet 1 off the lights with 2 mates in the car till about 25mph when i had to change into 2nd gear, not quick off the lights but will catch up soon after! :thumbsup:

The Punto has around 130 hp doesnt it ? Would explain why it gets ahead

:o

Sure does, but i wonder how it does against a modified yaris, but as you said its no way near as fast as a hgt.

The HGT is a 1.8 130bhp car, in insurance group 15 and costs £13,000 It will do 0-60mph in 8.0sec (book) The YTS is a 1.5 105bhp car in ins grp 7 and costs £12,000... it does 0-60mph in 9sec (book) I know where my money goes! Plus, what does fiat stand for...?? Fix-it-again-tony!! The Yaris T-Sport is a fabulous car for the money, and is probably the cheapest car to run that can produce the speed and acceleration that it does.

Oh, the Pug 106 GTI is faster than sh*t off a well-oiled shovel. Up to 80mph it can keep within a few feet of a 306 GTI6. The rallye version is even quicker, but... it's french and will fall apart!

The Lupo GTI is a hateful car built for tw*ts and little girls who get it bought for them by mummy and daddy. Iv been in one and whilst it's quick, the wheels spin like hell with any power, the suspension is ROCK hard yet it still throws you around and for the money and company reputation, it's horridly built. Feels really cheap.

The Polo GTI is just the same... bigger engine, more expensive and higher ins grp than YTS... yet would only just beat it away from lights, and wouldn't be close accelerating in-gear due a total lack of rev-happiness. It's a heap of sh*te and once again is driven by daughters of people with too much money.

Stick with your japanese machines... they last twice as long as any other make, they're cheap, easy to use and run, quick, lots of fun and they look hotter than most others too.

End of lecture, and to summarise... Yaris rules.

*applause*

I think FIAT stands for Fix It Again Tommorow actually :P

The Lupo GTI is rock hard suspension, its not a pleasant experience.

I would consider a Polo GTI, but its the insurance "Its got a GTI Badge, treble the insurance".

Also remember its all about Japanese styling... so go Jap in the first place might help!

Thats amazing, how narrow minded are people on this site??? :!Removed!:

I'm not narrow minded in the slightest, just of the car's mentioned, i gave my 100% honest opinion and you can see what i say!

In our houshold, with my dad changing jobs and having various company cars, and my whole family being into cars i can try to offer some opinions with a solid backing....

Fiat's are really really crap when it comes to customer service and reliablity. Toyota's are brilliant, but they rattle, Ford's have great handling and ok customer service, but have a lot of niggly faults, Daewoo's are cheap motoring and are surprisingly reliable and the after-sales costs and service is brilliant.

This is from personal experience, so im not saying it's golden rule as many people receive different treatment and have different problems. Once again it all come's down to personal choice. And for me Japanes is the way to go. Although is somebody offered me an SL55 AMG then japanese cars can go to hell!

Thats amazing, how narrow minded are people on this site??? :!Removed!:

I'm not narrow minded in the slightest, just of the car's mentioned, i gave my 100% honest opinion and you can see what i say!

In our houshold, with my dad changing jobs and having various company cars, and my whole family being into cars i can try to offer some opinions with a solid backing....

Fiat's are really really crap when it comes to customer service and reliablity. Toyota's are brilliant, but they rattle, Ford's have great handling and ok customer service, but have a lot of niggly faults, Daewoo's are cheap motoring and are surprisingly reliable and the after-sales costs and service is brilliant.

This is from personal experience, so im not saying it's golden rule as many people receive different treatment and have different problems. Once again it all come's down to personal choice. And for me Japanes is the way to go. Although is somebody offered me an SL55 AMG then japanese cars can go to hell!

Of course this is your opinion, ive gotta agree though with 90% of things you say!

Of course this is your opinion, ive gotta agree though with 90% of things you say!

A man after my heart! I love it when people agree with me.... mostly because it doesn't happen very often!! :D :lol:

I'm still thinking your thinking that if its not jap its crap tbh. German cars have nearly as good a reputation for reliability as jap cars and seem to be more solidly built imo obviously. :thumbsup:

But now Ryan, step outside Japan, step outside Germany. What do you see now?

Lots and lots of failures. The Germans though, they build their cars pretty heavy I think, but very strong stuff.

Stick with your japanese machines... they last twice as long as any other make, they're cheap, easy to use and run, quick, lots of fun and they look hotter than most others too.

lol, the only thing there i could begin to agree with it 'they last twice as long' ... which is debatable anyway.

at £12k new the yaris tsport is hardly cheap, i think it could be described as nippy at best..

oh, and japanese machines in general are amongst the most hideously designed cars in production... along with korean cars.

the yaris only looks good due to a european designer, and i'm willing to make a fair bet that the other good looking toyotas (mr2, supra) were european designed as well.

some folf dont realise that some cars feel faster but there not. m4 a4 is a diesil its 150hp and about 190nm torque. it feels as fast as **** and i was very disapointed..... untill i watched the speedo and timed the acceleration, the a4 does 60 in about 10 secs, but feel a hell of a lot faster than the TS

at £12k new the yaris tsport is hardly cheap, i think it could be described as nippy at best..

As a whole package it is cheap... low insurance, petrol etc.

You don't sound like you like your Yaris!!

oh, and japanese machines in general are amongst the most hideously designed cars in production... along with korean cars.

Yes, Japanese cars are in general ugly cars, but they seem to sell well in Japan for some reason. Probably because they're a decent motor?? Who cares what the car looks like in the first place? I never liked the Yaris when it first came out, but it has grown on me over the past year, as it has for many residents over here. You just have to give these 'hideous' cars a chance, because more often than not they will grow on you. Take a look at a lot of the Toyota models that are produced in Japan at the moment. Yes, some of them are awful designs (check one of Marko Napolis old posts for pics), but in the end of the day, they are Toyotas and you know they are going to be reliable motors, irrespective if they look like a cardboard box on wheels (like the Bb, which actually ain't too bad). The Will Cypha (small Toyota) looks awful, but i have driven one recently, and have to say its a damn good ride!

Yaris Rules!

But i wouldnt mind a look at the new fezzy ST. 2.0 150 horses. Sounds a handful!

the new ibiza Cupra TDI is an amazing machine with in gear times the same as a Porsche 911!

I was driving on the motoway a month ago and there was an ibiza behind me He matched me all the wy for about 2 miles so I thought it must be a tdi sport or something . Then we come up to some slow traffic in the out side lane ( incidentely that is one of my pet hates about drivers on the roads , I wont go into it now as I could start up a whole new thread on that anyway ! )

So he undertakes and gets in front , then I realise it was the new ibiza cupra . so he starts flooring it , we were both on a slope so I was able to push my YTS to the rev limiter ( 210 kmh on the speedo ) . He just kept on going . Must have got to 220 at least , wow !

Also , I dont think toyotas are that ugly . OK some may look bettr than others , the supra looks good , the corolla TS and corolla verso look good , RAV 4 looks great compared to other 4 x 4 ´s . Yes , the YAris grows on you and is improved if its lowered and has the TS trim

YAris will always be exellent all round for value and perfomance .

Well, after read all posts I'm certainly destroyed (lol). With the limitations of language I want to say some ideas:

-. In first place you can't compare a car that has 105 Hp with another one that has 125 or 130. To compare with justice both must have the same power, haven´t?

-. In wich Yaris TS is inferior in Bhp's his performance is higher than VW and C2 or Saxo.

-. Don't forget that Yaris TS (1.3 and 1.0 too) has Vvt-i technology and only a 1.5 litres.

-. I had a Mitsubishi Colt GTI 1.8 16 v (1992) with 140 Bhp. 0-60 mph in 7.8 s. It beats to Polo's, Saxo's, Punto´s and company but I thihk it's stupid compare with Yaris (35 Bhp of distance).

-. To be more joust why not compare Cupra's or Punto's HGT wiht Corolla TS :thumbsup:

Finally I think that Yaris is a perfect coctel of engine, design and price. And please, don't compare wiht european marks. Again, Yaris Rules

Lupo GTI --- Yaris TS ------- Polo 1.4

Displacement, litros/cm³ 1.6/1598 --- 1.5/1497 ------ 1.4/1390

Bore/Stroke, mm 76,5/86,9 --- 75,0 x 84,7 -- 76,5/75,4

Max output, CV/rpm 125/6500 --- 105/6000 ----- 100/6000

Max torque Nm/rpm 152/3000 --- 143/4200 ----- 126/4400

Compresión 11,5 --- 10.5 ---------------- 10.5

Max speed., Km/h 205 --- 190 ------------------- 188

Acceleration 0–100 Km/h, seg. 8,2 --- 9.0 ------------------ 10,9

I´ve added Polo 1.4 100 Cv because it's similar to Yaris TS (compression, Max speed and max output). You can observate near to 20 Nm of difference in torque and 2 seconds in acceleration!!!!!! (I'm seeing a pretty Polo licking rear smoke from Yaris... another one paste the taste -Polo says- :P )

Yaris RuLeS (Again and again) see you soon!!!!

my best mate has a lupo sport is more matched to the YTS an mine is quicker, the C2 VTR driven by a mate who is an awesome driver its either neck an neck or he just beats me down to his driving, the lupo gti is alot faster down to weight it has ally bonnet doors boot, an wings, and its very high insureance group!

wel either way i like my yaris i cant afford to insure owt else!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links