Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav First Service.

Gerry 2

I have just had my first service @ 6,000 miles.

It was £106-00. It seems a bit high, but is probably par for the course these days.

45minutes £45-00

Change oil and filter only. £28-00

There was an enviromental charge of £2-60. Any ideas what this is? :unsure:

Consumables £4-62. :D :D is this a joke?

+Vat.

How do your costs compare? :arrgg-matey:

PS--I did have a coffee ;) ;)

Regards Gerry.

:o There was an enviromental charge of £2-60. :o Thats to dispose of your old oil and products in an enviromenally friendly way, recycle. Not had my first service yet but thats not bad, :censor: Try £1000 for a service I had done many years ago on a Mitsubishi Shogun :censor: , Thats why when it came to replace it ,I opted for the Rav 4 very reliable and cheap to run, in the long run :thumbsup:

To keep your warranty you will need to stick with Mr T service - which generally means high costs low quality.

At least they didn't wash it with a brillo pad.

Assume they also charged you a couple of quid to top up your screen wash ?

:o There was an enviromental charge of £2-60.    :o  Thats to dispose of your old oil and products in an enviromenally friendly way, recycle. Not had my first service yet but thats not bad,  :censor: Try £1000 for a service I had done many years ago on a Mitsubishi Shogun  :censor:  , Thats why when it came to replace it ,I opted for the Rav 4  very reliable and cheap to run, in the long run :thumbsup:

Sparky, thanks for that explanation re- E/C. :thumbsup:

I still think their coffee is expensive-- :rolleyes: :D

Gerry.

To keep your warranty you will need to stick with Mr T service - which generally means high costs low quality.

At least they didn't wash it with a brillo pad.

Assume they also charged you a couple of quid to top up your screen wash ?

Yes-- :arrgg-matey: forgot that, £2-80. for washer refill.

I washed mine before I took it in :thumbsup:

Regards-Gerry

SMW, I have a Toyota and I am extremely pleased with the costs and the quality of the service provided by my local Toyota dealer. :D In fact, the cost/quality of the service is the main reason I purchased my RAV4 rather than a French car from a dealer who service was the worst ever :censor:

• 2 weeks later...

Seems cheap compared to the Lexus - just in the process of swapping my IS200 for a RAV4 Granite - can't wait to collect it ...

Seems cheap compared to the Lexus - just in the process of swapping my IS200 for a RAV4 Granite - can't wait to collect it ...

:thumbsup: I spent 12 months deciding which car I was going to purchase to replace my aging Suzuki Baleno, can't fault the Suzuki brand, needed something small reliable , not thirsty, cheap to maintain and comfortable but the Grand Vitara just didn't do it for me, bought a petrol NRG first, Bit too thirsty ,but a very nice car ,thats why i bought the D4D XT3, cheaper to run. I think you will be pleased with your choice :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think you will be pleased with your choice

Thanks - had a 97 (98 model) 3 dr GX before the IS200 and was well pleased with that.

Only thing I am really going to miss now is the Sat Nav - been busy reading up on the threads here so guess I will end up modding soon ...

Reminds me I must join here - currently member of LOC :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links