Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gold Gti Mk4 Or Yaris T-sport

dannyb999

agreed fidgits, but that said... the 182 is a fraction more than 1000kg with a 2.0 n/a engine and something like 170bhp/tonne

got to be the closest thing in production to the original idea of a hot hatch/gti

Think i can agree with this... it is light (even more so with 'cup' spec) quick and for what you get... cheap! But yeah, EU crap makes even this look flabby compared to original Golf.

Other problem i have with the renault is that i don't fit! 6ft 3" means my legs jams under the steering wheel and into the dash... oh well!

the golf is quicker easily

Its quicker yeah but not 'easily'. 0-60 is done in 8.5 sec I think and top end its 130 I think but top speed doesn't matter so much 'cos you're never gonna ever get there or shouldn't!

The GT TDI Is quicker, that shows you how crap it is! :thumbsup:

P.S. I kept up with a MK4 Golf 1.6 from 20-50mph, that proves how heavy and slow they are!

is the 0-60 in 8.5 seconds the 1.8 turbo or the standard 1.8?? im not 100% sure bu i thought the 1.8 non turbo was fairly slow acceleration wise

There isn't a 1.8 non-turbo. It's a 1.8 turbo or a 2.0! The 2.0 is hideously slow!

There is a 1.8 non turbo I'm sure and its badged the GTi! :yes:

Infact Keanu ( :P ) is correct!

I'm looking at an Evo mag just now and there is a 2 litre GTi and 0-60 is in 10.5 ( :lol: ) and top end is 121mph.

Now the 1.8 GTi does 0-60 in 7.8 and has a top end of 134.

I doubt the T-Sport would be a million miles away from the Turbo and would easily beat the non turbo! :thumbsup:

but as others said it doesnt deserve the gti badge, only the old mk1 and 2s deserve it, if that!

the mk1 was a true hot hatch, golfs these days are nothing but lardy, overated, OVERPRICED, crates.

21 grand for the new GTI what an effing rip off! and it looks crap

I am in agreement, in fact, i'd say everything since the Mk2 has been overpriced and overweight...

BUT

They are pretty good cars (Having driven a Mk4 GTI turbo and A3 3.2V6 (Mk5 R32)) but in no way are they 'GTIs'

agreed

they have their good-ish points, got a decent bit of poke compared to most cars out there.

i get to have a drive in most VAG vehicles at the minute due to them being favoured by work (for some reason) ok so the engines are pokey as i said (but nothing truely worth shouting about)

but they are soooooooooo let down by the absolutely DIRE handling characteristics, its like being on a dinghy in the north sea with a gale force 10 storm at full chat! so much roll!

which i hate in cars! gotta be rock hard and back breaking!! because that equals superb handling (in comparison!)

therefore GTI Badge is not deserved, mk1 gtis are boneshaking lightweight rockets, bung a 2.0 16v mk2 lump in there with a stainless system and a set of wild cams and you end with quite a sleeper!

:thumbsup:

aparently there is a 1.8 golf gti non turbo! just not many made. my mate has an S reg one but cant find performance figures for it

according to glasses guide (trade book) these are the golf gti's they made in mark 4..

1998-1999 Golf GTi 1.8 20v 1781cc group 10

1998> Golf GTi 1.8 20v Turbo 1781cc group 14

1998> Golf GTi 1984cc 8v group 10

but still not been able to get any performance figures ont he 1.8 non turbo version!

but still not been able to get any performance figures ont he 1.8 non turbo version!

That's because they don't dare print them!! Have a tractor instead... much bigger, heavier and gentlemanly... quicker too!

incase anyone was actually interested, found the figures on the golf...

Engine Size: 1781 cc

Cylinders: 4

0-60 mph: 9.6 s

Power Output: 125 bhp

Valves: 20

Torque: 170 Nm

Torque: 125 lb/ft

Top Speed: 125 mph

but as others said it doesnt deserve the gti badge, only the old mk1 and 2s deserve it, if that!

the mk1 was a true hot hatch, golfs these days are nothing but lardy, overated, OVERPRICED, crates.

21 grand for the new GTI what an effing rip off! and it looks crap

I am in agreement, in fact, i'd say everything since the Mk2 has been overpriced and overweight...

BUT

They are pretty good cars (Having driven a Mk4 GTI turbo and A3 3.2V6 (Mk5 R32)) but in no way are they 'GTIs'

agreed

they have their good-ish points, got a decent bit of poke compared to most cars out there.

i get to have a drive in most VAG vehicles at the minute due to them being favoured by work (for some reason) ok so the engines are pokey as i said (but nothing truely worth shouting about)

but they are soooooooooo let down by the absolutely DIRE handling characteristics, its like being on a dinghy in the north sea with a gale force 10 storm at full chat! so much roll!

which i hate in cars! gotta be rock hard and back breaking!! because that equals superb handling (in comparison!)

therefore GTI Badge is not deserved, mk1 gtis are boneshaking lightweight rockets, bung a 2.0 16v mk2 lump in there with a stainless system and a set of wild cams and you end with quite a sleeper!

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I wont argue that VAG target their 'sports' models at drivers like me - people who value build quality and smooth & quiet motorway crusier you can have a blast down an A-road in...

know what you mean about the body-roll, the GTi i drove was very 'scrabbly' at the front end too, but the A3 was much more impressive -not much roll, and gripped really well.

BTW, the 'new' Golf GTi - 2.0 Turbo, 200bhp

BUT

its only about 140bhp/tonne

actually, the FSI technology is designed to regualte the fuel injection system, meaning for town driving, the MPG doesnt suffer too much, but when you open up the valves the engine responds...

all clever technologoy thats over my head, but does sound very cool :D

Do you know they have started rebuilding the MK1 golf in mexico where they used to build the old shape beetle ?

you can buy a 2005 reg MK1 Golf 1.4i,1.6i or 1.6i sport from £8,795 or the caddy pickup version for £6,995 www.beetles-uk.com