Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sun Roof Stuck!

loki

Hey people I've read that people have expierienced sun roof closing problems, but anyone heard of OPENING problems?? It will tilt up but wont slide back under?. Its a 2000 Avensis 1.6gs. Any Ideas that don't involve a rather large hammer (which I usually end up resorting to) are apprieciated.!!

Daniel.

relay problem ????

can you hear the motor trying to work? on some cars with electric windows theres is a manual winder some where (in the boot) in case the power fails. try opening and closing it manualy in case its seized???

Not long had a new Moonroof under warranty on my Avensis, that was being caused by the cables having gone stiff and not being able to be wound properley, it was cheaper to have the roof replaced apparently than to replace the parts, warranty claim was for about £480 I think, probably cheaper to leave it shut and fit yourself A/C from a scrap yard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!! In response to the above! The motor works fine, the roof starts to go (it drops to start its slide) then it is as if it senses a jam and it returns to the almost closed position (i.e it then lifts back almost in line with the roof) I can complete it to fully closed by pushing the tilt up button. I have air-con by the way, I just like all things to work on my motor!!!! I don't think its a relay problem but I will check all the same. Any more help is apprieciated as the hammer is getting close to being put into commission!!! :ffs:

Hey Guys!! In response to the above! The motor works fine, the roof starts to go (it drops to start its slide) then it is as if it senses a jam and it returns to the almost closed position (i.e it then lifts back almost in line with the roof) I can complete it to fully closed by pushing the tilt up button. I have air-con by the way, I just like all things to work on my motor!!!! I don't think its a relay problem but I will check all the same. Any more help is apprieciated as the hammer is getting close to being put into commission!!!  :ffs:

Thats the exact problem I had, just leave it and use the A/C.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an avensis with the same problem !!! The moonroof motor was working but it stopped at any place ! Button didnt work ! My thoughts suspect the relay but the dealer says its the motor since moter-relay are together (?).

Dealer changed the motor and everything is back to normal !!!

change the motor !!

Petros

• 7 years later...

Help. My Avensis moonroof's stuck. Yesterday it would tilt, but not fullyclose but not slide - there were loud clacking noises as though parts weren't meshing when I tried that. Today, it won't do anything and is now in a semi-open position, which may be OK this week as the forecast's fine, but I really do need to get it shut. John Robinson

Sounds daft but they have a fail safe, cut out built in to the motor! Try lubricating the seals with a dilute washing-up liquid solution and adjusting the glass position slightly as if they are sticking slightly the motor "overworks" and can cut out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links