Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On Alloys For D4d

Sooty torques

Hi folks,

We've (well, the wife...) just broke through the 1000 mile mark in the Yaris D4D and we're starting to think of a tweak or two... As it's 'only' a T3 it came with the standard steel wheels and so I'm wanting to buy the wife a set of alloys for her birthday...

I've searched through and read the threads but although there's tons of info on funky, sporty alloys, we're confused as to what to go for. We don't want anything too outlandish or that will upset the insurance company. I think I read that the PCD is 100mm and it's a 4xbolt design. Any suggestions on what else I'll need when ordering the alloys? Or what peeps think might go well on a 3-dr Island Green Metallic T3 1.4 D4D? BTW she doesn't like the white ones, the silver or polished alloy seem most favoured...

All contributions gratefully received! :thumbsup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooty torques

• alanbradley

• clarky

• Demonic Angel

How about a nearly new set of 15s from my T-Sport - nice six spoke that were replaced under warranty a few months back.

They'r eonly 150 plus carriage and come with two new and two worn tyres - Pirelli P6000s

Clarky

Are they the ones on the car in the pic?

Doh! Sorry, you said six spoke... Any pics?

Any suggestions on what else I'll need when ordering the alloys? Or what peeps think might go well on a 3-dr Island Green Metallic T3 1.4 D4D? BTW she doesn't like the white ones, the silver or polished alloy seem most favoured...

:drool: I have an Island Green Metallic T3 3-door but a 1.0L instead of a 1.4 D4D with the standard hubs..if possible when you get some can you take a photo so I can see what the "finished effect" looks like?

Good choice of colour there tho :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Clarky -> They look good, something like that should show up good against the dark green paintwork. :drool:

Blue84 -> Yeh, we think so too! :thumbsup:

I have the Toyota Talya (I think...) wheels on mine- check out my garage to see what thry look like.

They're only 14", but the sales manager at my preferred Mr T has decided he's going to fit them to his demo Yarii in future!

Let us know what you do.

Cheers,

Alan

Fitting 14" alloys shouldnt affect your insurance quotes too much if any at all, as its an optional accessory for the Yaris. But fitting alloys from a T-Sport or an SR may increase the quotes as these are 15" ones that comes standard with these models and are slightly higher up in the insurance groups aswell.

But either way .. the increase shouldnt be too much. Good choice in car btw! :thumbsup:

I personally like the SR alloys .. no bias btw! :D :lol:

No offence DA, but they're a bit common... :ph34r:

*snip* Good choice in car btw!  :thumbsup:

Yep, I'm pleased we held out and went for the D4D. It's a fun drive and surprisingly quick... Having lots of fun surprising other cars on the road (only when the missus isn't on board tho... ;) )

TBH if it wasn't for the fact that we need a larger car to tow the caravan :ph34r: around europe in the summer, we'd have a pair of D4D's (sounds like a bra size... oo-err! :wacko: ) as I really can't understand the need for anything bigger when there's just the 2 of us DINKY's...

we'd have a pair of D4D's (sounds like a bra size... oo-err! :wacko: ) as I really can't understand the need for anything bigger when there's just the 2 of us DINKY's...

haha yeah that does sound like a pair of bra sizes!! :D :D

No offence DA, but they're a bit common... :ph34r:

:eek:

:crybaby:

They're still alloys and it was only a suggestion.... :P

I didn't say that I didn't like them... :D

Clarky's offer seems pretty good too :yes:

(Phew... that's me out of those messes ;) :rolleyes: )

The D-4D's a great engine, and much nippier than people think.

]

Yep, I'm pleased we held out and went for the D4D. It's a fun drive and surprisingly quick... Having lots of fun surprising other cars on the road (only when the missus isn't on board tho... ;) )

TBH if it wasn't for the fact that we need a larger car to tow the caravan  :ph34r: around europe in the summer, we'd have a pair of D4D's (sounds like a bra size... oo-err! :wacko: ) as I really can't understand the need for anything bigger when there's just the 2 of us DINKY's...

Yup .. cracking engine the Yaris D4D with alot of potential aswell! As a friend of mine's got one of those diesel mini's that uses the Yaris D4D engine and with it chipped it provides even more torque than a Cooper S!

Now thats quality for yah! :thumbsup:

Oh btw .. get 15" alloys, you'd be happier with them in the long run! B)

Yup .. cracking engine the Yaris D4D with alot of potential aswell! As a friend of mine's got one of those diesel mini's that uses the Yaris D4D engine and with it chipped it provides even more torque than a Cooper S!

Yeah, she's already dropping hints about having it chipped... Don't know which to do first though, hers or mine... :rolleyes:

Yeah, she's already dropping hints about having it chipped... Don't know which to do first though, hers or mine...  :rolleyes:

Oh well mate .. you best start saving the pennies then! :D

TVOR .. nice little summary there, but there's a bit of bias .. cos your wheels and tyres are shinier! :lol:

but there's a bit of bias .. cos your wheels and tyres are shinier!  :lol:

True, but I use a tyre wall dressing! It sets the car off nicely if the wheels are clean and the tyres blackened :)

but there's a bit of bias .. cos your wheels and tyres are shinier!  :lol:

True, but I use a tyre wall dressing! It sets the car off nicely if the wheels are clean and the tyres blackened :)

If you mix the tyre paint with a little thinners it gives a more natural look and still keeps the shine... it also prevents the paint cracking and making the tyres look like they are perishing :) just thought i'd share that with you lol

Yeah, she's already dropping hints about having it chipped... Don't know which to do first though, hers or mine...  :rolleyes:

TVOR .. nice little summary there, but there's a bit of bias .. cos your wheels and tyres are shinier! :lol:

Errr thanks for that..... :blink:

Bear in mind TVOR probably also has a better camera than me! :thumbsup:

Plus.... that was my old car...... :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links