Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parcel Shelf

Radtoy

guys, how many different sizes of shelft are there for the yaris?

Is the one in the 5 door different to the 3 door?

And when looking at stealth shelves, sone say they only fit early cars???

I need a new shelf as i snapped mine and there is one on eBay but i'm not sure whether it is right for my 2001 T sport?

I'm not sure about the differences between 5 and 3 door parcel shelves, but I know that there are differences between Japanese and French shelves (I know, that whole debate again :rolleyes: )

The Japanese ones have two little black triangular-ish bits on the boo-most edge whereas the French ones only have one oval-ish blob in the middle. Japanese shelves alse have plastic insert that physically "clip" onto the hinges whereas on the French one the hinge bits are moulded into the shelf.

Sorry to make the whole thing even more complicated!

Cheers,

Alan

PS - Just remembered you have T-Sport - yours will be Japanese then...

also the french ones (ifd they are all the same, at least on mine) are a LOT narrower, i.e. they dont cover the whole space from the rear window to the back of the seats, there is a bit of black material inbetween.

Are the Japanese ones not like that too?

I only know because I've had two supposedly identical Yarii within a year, it just happens that one was Japanese and one was French!

A

I'm not too sure what the difference is between the 3 and 5 door shelves either. All i know is that mine has the two triangular rubber things and that the it clips into the hinges like alanbradley said with Jap ones.

Would like to know myself as i've been thinking of getting a replacement shelf. :thumbsup:

also the french ones (ifd they are all the same, at least on mine) are a LOT narrower, i.e. they dont cover the whole space from the rear window to the back of the seats, there is a bit of black material inbetween.

they all have the black material in between don't they??? That's so the rear seat is in the forward position... it still hides the contents of ya boot.

Vipes

they all have the black material in between don't they??? That's so the rear seat is in the forward position... it still hides the contents of ya boot.

Mine doesn't have material, just a big space if the seats are forward. 2000 'W' reg GS btw! :thumbsup:

Mine doesn't have material, just a big space if the seats are forward. 2000 'W' reg GS btw! :thumbsup:

Really :eek:

All 3 of mine have had the fabric bit and the first was only a y-reg "S"... Do you have the stud bits on the front of the shelf? It might just be missing Ryan...

A

No studs, no nothing, had it since new and its never had one, 5 door mind you Alan and jap built! :thumbsup:

I'll take some photo's later on this week! :)

mines an 02 jap t-sport and has the flaps of material, so did my 03 colour collection yaris!

Just been out and checked by wifes Yaris 1L ( french) and sure enough...no

"flaps" this is a 52 Reg...never really noticed before!

Vipes

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice...

And I thought I'd sussed all of the differences! (have to get out more... :lol: )

Alan :unsure:

Yup .. got studs but no flaps .. just a big gap when rear seats are moved forwards which is rare. This is on a 02 Reg :thumbsup:

Mine's got flaps... and they're a pain in the ar5e!! They've ripped and they come undone when you move the seats forward cos the poppers and velcro are worn out/crap. Waste of time.

Good for hiding rear speaker cables from flapping in the boot though!

Hmm ... strange ... looks like its pretty much random whether you get flaps or not then. :huh:

Well .. i think i prefer mine without flaps at the end of the day! :rolleyes:

I have flaps as well, press studs on the shelf with Velcro on the back of the seats. I have my back seats fully forward for more boot space as I don’t take rear seat passengers.

I also noticed the parcel shelf itself is made from a thicker material than my last Yaris, not sure if it’s due to being the T Sport or Japanese?

IMHO the Japanese ones are thicker and sturdier...

Its possible that its a 5 door/ 3 door thing :unsure:

A