Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Photo Shoot... [56k Death]

Pascal

Enjoy the pictures... There is a lot more coming for the car, and this is actually our winter setup. Snow, ice, and all. :)

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

The shopping list...

2004 Echo Hatchback RS (4 door), Satin Black

Tein Type HA coilovers (16 way damping adjustable) lowered at least 2"

Front strut bar

TRD Borla center exit exhaust

TWM short shifter

17" Icon W63 Bronze wheels (summer)

16" Rota Grid Black w/ polished lip wheels (winter)

HID conversion

Autostart remote starter

Tinted Windows

Completely debadged, Vitz hood emblem

WTF!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Where did you get the exhaust mate? Is it loud? Is it meant to be centre exit?

Love the black wheels aswell!!! :drool:

Oh the HID must have set you back a pretty penny aswell! :!Removed!:

Wow .. i'm really liking this stealth bomber look .. and so so shiny too! :drool:

Well done mate .. looks the bomb! :lol::thumbsup:

Thanks for the positive comments everyone!

What’s the deal with the light in the bumpers?

Canadian market Echo... We get deeper bumpers, and these bumper indicators as well.

Where did you get the exhaust mate? Is it loud? Is it meant to be centre exit?

Love the black wheels aswell!!! :drool:

Oh the HID must have set you back a pretty penny aswell! :!Removed!:

The exhaust is a TRD / Borla part for the Canadian market. The only place it can be bought is at our dealerships here. It's designed just like that, center exit. :thumbsup:

The HID is expensive, and the projector retrofit I am working on right now is even worse. This is my wife's daily driver, and the fact that it's an affordable car is no excuse not to have it look and drive real nice. :P

Hi m8,

love the car. And some nice pics as well. Very shiny car.

I like the alloys. My choice also. I have a black vitz (Yaris) with black alloys having silver lining. It will look better if u paint yr calipers silver also. When u drive, it will look great. Just an idea.

Cheers

Ismael

very nice, clean, tidy, what u expect a jap car to look like :thumbsup:

not to keen on the black rims, bit to dark in my opinion

lowerd nicely tho and love the twin centre exits :thumbsup:

HID Is another name for Zenon lights really. Basically, it costs about £500 but you get brilliant lights that look like BMW/Audi/Merc et al. But, unless you spend serious money, the technology doesn't work for changing between low-beam and high-beam.

What do you mean by "not work"

I'd love to do an HID conversion, even if its just the look of HID (ie blue lights) mainly on the front i guess.

Sounds like an excellent project. I guess it involves replaceing lots of lights and bulbs and stuff.

Any ideas how to do a budget HID?

It will look better if u paint yr calipers silver also. When u drive, it will look great. Just an idea.

Thanks for the comments. Calipers are getting painted, indeed. We're fitting braided SS brake lines, performance pads and fluid soon... I'll do the job then.

What do you mean by "not work"

I'd love to do an HID conversion, even if its just the look of HID (ie blue lights) mainly on the front i guess.

Sounds like an excellent project. I guess it involves replaceing lots of lights and bulbs and stuff.

Any ideas how to do a budget HID?

You might just want to look up some aftermarket bulb that give off a nice color... an HID kit involves ballasts to power up the capsules, relays, wiring, and the loss of your high beams... The other inconvenient is they give off a ton of glare and will surely blind oncoming drivers and bother your local law enforcement.

You lose high beams because your bulbs have two filaments right now. The HID bulb has only one capsule. All cars that come with HID have dual chamber headlamps... HID low beam, and halogen high beam. The Yaris doesn't have that.

Hence my going the next step, and retrofitting projectors from a car that had HID to begin with... This will give off the nice sharp cutoff, and increate the quality of the output. The whole thing will cost me around £600, but I'm doing the work myself, and it's a very involved project.

Ahhh excellent. Know which bulbs would be the best? Sort of the Audi/BMW blue and probz the legal bulb limit of 60W (I believe).

Seems nice, that silver rim around the wheels is that standard with those wheels? Or an after affect you done.

SO no lowering so far, still looks cool. Any arch modifications on that bad boy Yaris? What tyres you running on? Or is that the 16z in that picture?

SO no lowering so far, still looks cool. Any arch modifications on that bad boy Yaris? What tyres you running on? Or is that the 16z in that picture?

What you on mate? He's got coilovers!!!

And thats the 16's in the picture! :thumbsup:

Well you already know I love your car, Pascal, from my comments on Echofans but nice to see the pics over on this side of the pond too.

Superb photography. :thumbsup:

Superb photography.    :thumbsup:

I second that! :yes::yes::yes: very nicely taken.

car looks great!

got a question for ya... i've been told that an HID conversion might get too hot for the plastic headlight covers that the yaris comes with. they are meant for glass headlights... anyone know otherwise? have you had problems relating to this?

got a question for ya... i've been told that an HID conversion might get too hot for the plastic headlight covers that the yaris comes with. they are meant for glass headlights... anyone know otherwise? have you had problems relating to this?

In my experience the HID capsule actually generates less heat than a conventional halogen bulb. I've used them long enough, with the car parked for extended periods, and felt the headlamps lens... just warm, nothing alarming.

You can do some more research on that, but I think it's a fact that the HID burner generates less heat than a bulb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links