Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris T Sport

Fidgits

OK my bad, you can't buy the Clio under 12k RRP........

BUT YOU CAN STILL BUY IT FOR UNDER 12K!!!!

:rolleyes:

Edited to add and that's without a haggle!

You can also buy a Lotus Elise for less than £12K, should we include that? what about a Porsche 944 Turbo????

Get the point ;)

but the point is....

a. i said RRP!

b. these cars you are pointing out ARE PRE-REGISTERED !!!!!!!!!!!

So they arent actually brand new !! so :P

I mean for £12k you could pick up a nice IS200 ;) :ph34r:

My mate just did and its gorgeous! :yes:

Bl**dy good buy!!

yeah the mini was an option before i bought mine but the yaris depreciates alot from new so i shelled out 7.5k on a TS whereas cheapset mini was 10k, also the yaris is ideal for me insureance wise, ive been temted to get an IS next but what insureance group is it?

cheers

Lee

IS200 SE = Grp 12

IS200 Sport = Grp 13

Yaris T-Sport = Grp 7 ;)

Always tricky comparing cars. Like DA said earlier, minis can get very expensive very quickly. I have checked them out carefully in the past but just about everything on them is an optional extra. OK, you get the wheels in the price but even then not the ones you really wanted.

The TS comes with a pretty good spec as standard.

Always tricky comparing cars. Like DA said earlier, minis can get very expensive very quickly. I have checked them out carefully in the past but just about everything on them is an optional extra. OK, you get the wheels in the price but even then not the ones you really wanted.

The TS comes with a pretty good spec as standard.

Very true - almost everything with a MINI is an added extra - even a CD player you have to buy extra, but not just a CD player, you need to buy the adaptor for it first else you can only buy a tape deck - so you have to buy not only the cd player but the adaptor thingy too.... thats why I didnt buy one! :ffs:

Thats how you manage to spend 15k so quickly! :unsure:

And not ONE person has said the Renault Clio 182/cup. Seen Arnold Clark is doing these for a fraction under 12k! :thumbsup:

Arnold Clark - the Kiwk Save of motoring...

The Smart Brabus Coupe is an interesting choice if you can live with the gearbox. There's actually stacks of space in them. A mate of mine (6'7") and I (5"11 1/2' :lol: ) took his roadster to France for a week. Comfy seats with loads of space and a surprising amount of luggage...

gallery_3803_27_1105998168.jpg

:lol:

The T-Sport really does stand out in that company tbh.

Cheers,

Alan

before i got my car i looked at most of the ones you're comparing.... well apart from being the best equipped.... the people at the other dealerships (BMW/FIAT especially) were complete as*holes they wouldnt give me the time of day and as for servicing pffft try close to £500 at fiat main dealer compared to £200 at toyota.... as for the cars themselves.... hell i just prefer jap - and honda is (in my opinion) an old mans car! :blink:

The majority of the Yaris owners on here are sub 25 if im correct. That means that for under 13k and group 7 insurance, it's a quick, sporty, fun little car that is cheap to run. This i think is the main issue. If i won the lottery or i was older then a clio 182 would be on my list, so would a CTR or a Lexus or anything if id won lottery.

But... im 19, i have one accident under my belt, no no-claims bonus, and 4 people have to be insured on the car... 2 of which have only been driving for 2 yrs (just less than actually) No other car i can think of is as cheap to run and insure as my SR that still provides the fun, performance, quality, reliability and appeal.

If i had a few pennies spare, t-sport it might be, but i can imagine that this is the consensus of the majority of us.

The Yaris in my eyes is un-challenge-able until i have a few more years experience and more money! But for the moment... it's number one!

P.S. The mini is sh*t! Unless you get a Cooper or Cooper S it's far too noisy, cramped, slow and EXPENSIVE!!

I think if i had 12,000 to spend on a new car it would have to be the T-sport. If it was the brabus smart Roaster then it would be a differant story unfortunatly thats more money.

for around £12k I'd get a seat ibiza 1.9 diesel, and just remap the ecu... job done!

40+mpg, 190bhp and more torque than you can shake a stick at :)

I would definately consider a 1/2 year old yaris tsport though, at about £6-8k they become quite good value for money.

even the skoda fabia vrs (diesel) has alot of potential

with an ecu remap and stiff suspension, it becomes quite a car!

could you drive a skoda though? lol

If I debadged it and it went like poo off a shovel yes.

Then picture this scene

Some Chavs in a Saxo, they want a race think your a **** then you step on it, burn em out and away. How bad and embarrased is the driver gonna feel infront of his mates.

Maybe I would drive one for those moments, but thats all.

I'm not under 25, but still love my t-sport. The only other cars I'd consider would be a Civic Type R or a bigger Toyota. I got onto the toyota thing when my missus bought a P Reg Celica ST. It was eight years old when she bought it and didn't have a single rattle or complaint and the power!

If I could buy a car I would consider (or have)

1. Yaris T-Sport - On the cards and coming soon.

2. Corolla T-Sport - Yummy

3. Celica T-Sport

--- Noticed a Trend Yet ---

4. Lexus IS200 - Driven my dads with full body kit and 18z, loving it.

5. Nissan 350z

6. Mitsubishi Colt - CZT the one that isn't out till Feb but will be pushin 150BHP from a 1.5 Turbo charged engine.

About it, Im a Jap Man!

yeah the mini was an option before i bought mine but the yaris depreciates alot from new so i shelled out 7.5k on a TS whereas cheapset mini was 10k, also the yaris is ideal for me insureance wise, ive been temted to get an IS next but what insureance group is it?

cheers

Lee

IS200 SE = Grp 12

IS200 Sport = Grp 13

cheers

jus a tad to high on insureance for me then but good cars for the cash 2nd hand!

My dad (nearly 50) pays £400 insurance on it! But thats with Lexus insurance, the cover is quality. Basically 1 million pound cover for damages to property done to car. I rekon he will go on a rampage or something!

The majority of the Yaris owners on here are sub 25 if im correct. That means that for under 13k and group 7 insurance, it's a quick, sporty, fun little car that is cheap to run. This i think is the main issue. If i won the lottery or i was older then a clio 182 would be on my list, so would a CTR or a Lexus or anything if id won lottery.

But... im 19, i have one accident under my belt, no no-claims bonus, and 4 people have to be insured on the car... 2 of which have only been driving for 2 yrs (just less than actually) No other car i can think of is as cheap to run and insure as my SR that still provides the fun, performance, quality, reliability and appeal.

If i had a few pennies spare, t-sport it might be, but i can imagine that this is the consensus of the majority of us.

The Yaris in my eyes is un-challenge-able until i have a few more years experience and more money! But for the moment... it's number one!

P.S. The mini is sh*t! Unless you get a Cooper or Cooper S it's far too noisy, cramped, slow and EXPENSIVE!!

Absolutely! I love the fact that my Yaris costs a pittance to run, is reliable and comfortable onl long distances (Perthshire to London before lunch - no bother!)

even the skoda fabia vrs (diesel) has alot of potential

with an ecu remap and stiff suspension, it becomes quite a car!

could you drive a skoda though? lol

I could - were it not for the price then I would have had one last time round. Now, if Toyota did a performance diesel Yaris or Corolla I'd be one of the first to put my name down...

Cheers,

Alan

Mine was £10499 pure Japense...pure UK spec...with every...except the T-sport Badge on the back.

Pay the RRP well..... obviously have money to burn.

12K for a "small warm hatch" is a lot of dough...for not much more you can get a lot more. I wouldn't... and didn't! pay over 12 K for the Yaris. not worth it.

Vipes

I bought my T sport in April last year brand new out the show room. It was listed at £12, 540 which indeed is a lot of money. I then did some ringing round various dealers. I got it down to £11,500. I then went back to my local dealer and said if you cant better this price im off to buy it from birmingham. They did beat it so then I got my Brand new T sport for £11,200 which I think is a crackin price. Shows you what they are makin on em!!!!