Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Clio

mrrandom

"The Life & Times Of Barry Flood"  

21 members have voted

1. 1. "The Life & Times Of Barry Flood"

• Interesting
    • Good Laugh
    • Tolerable
    • Boring

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• BLOODUK

• mrrandom

• earpl

Top Posters In This Topic

are you surte its not a 'pre-cat' in which case it can get in the engine :huh:

Anyway, back to the problem with the cat. It is against all the law of physics for the monolith of your cat to get drawn into the engine Barry. If the engine won't run it's more likely the cat has collapsed and blocked the exhaust therefore there's nowhere for the spent gases to go and you're gonna have to clear out the debris. Second bit of bad news is, if it has collapsed, more likely than not it is because of over fuelling which means the unburnt fuel ignites in the cat causing it to collapse. This means you'll have to pay to get the engine running right before replacing the cat or the new one will just go the same way. And if your mechanic believes what he's told you, FIND ANOTHER ONE :rolleyes:

Fidgits, I pesonally would like nothing more in life at all, then to come home from a days work and read about small french hatchbacks ingesting their own exhaust componants.

Surely on relfection you will find that it is most interesting, and beneficial to the Toyota driving comunity :D

the catalinic converter broke up into hundereds of bits for some reason....the bits then got sucked through the engine and obv made it stop......

:yes: Yes, I know of this happening with a friends Renault 19 (Strange how that was a Renault as well!)

Fidgits, I pesonally would like nothing more in life at all, then to come home from a days work and read about small french hatchbacks ingesting their own exhaust componants.

Surely on relfection you will find that it is most interesting, and beneficial to the Toyota driving comunity

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :thumbsup:

I just love the way this thread's going!

So, Barry, how long before it's all fixed up for you?

And yes, you do seem to have bad luck, automotive wise.

got the car back now so I do, without the catalinic converter lol! awful noise from the exaust lol, sounds like its at high revs all the time lol.

I was askin the mechanic about it, apparently in that modle of clio there is a blower which blows cool air into the engine which goes through the converter, turns the fumes into cool air or somethin like that, and tiny bits of the converter broke up into it and got sucked back in through the engine, thats what my understanding of it is (not much understanding lol). Makes no sense to me either, but oh well, he got the car workin so he must no what he's on about lol. I am gettin a new converter put in befor the end of the week.

As for the "can we take a quick straw poll to see if anyone actually wants to hear the life and times of Barry Flood?" lets do it. ill create a poll on here to see hu finds "the life and times of barry flood" enjoyable to read.

Barry, you could ask Steve to let users have their own blog so you can put up your life and times without certain people moaning ;)

lol, good point. HA! technicality...i am a toyota owner, i own a toyota yaris, so why not discuss my other vehicles? :-D

their own wot??

Blog aka Journal aka Diary etc etc :yes: :P

i had my first argument on Gold on the first day i got access :P

that wouldnt have happened to be in one of my threads would it? :D :ph34r:

could quite possibly have been :P :thumbsup:

oh fidgits you never fail to amaze me :P & never mind renault i didn't realise this was the lexus owners club page.....

ahhh, i love it when people jump in without first checking their facts...

Firstly, Toyota is the Parent company of Lexus, and you do occasionally get Altezza drivers logged into here, which I can help with... so you cant compare Lexus to Renault can you :P

Secondly, you will find I never talk specifics about my car, the only time I ask questions, they are more general about alloys etc...

Thirdly, although im not expert, i do offer help and advice where possible

Am I still not welcome here?

bbq eh? now your talkin!!! GM own a hell of a lot of motor companies it dont mean there all the same :D ive always seen lexus to be about on par with renault...................... :P

bbq eh? now your talkin!!! GM own a hell of a lot of motor companies it dont mean there all the same :D ive always seen lexus to be about on par with renault...................... :P

eh?

yeah - cos Toyota's luxury brand is just like a cheapo french brand, and what does GM have to do with it? :wacko::huh::blink:

I was simply stating why i was on TOC - and asked if i wasnt welcome here - it seemed like earl wanted to send the conversation down a different path... I wouldnt call it here we go again Ash..

I was simply stating why i was on TOC - and asked if i wasnt welcome here - it seemed like earl wanted to send the conversation down a different path... I wouldnt call it here we go again Ash..

LOL You might not but I would :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links