Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrote My T Sport Off!, Gutted!

admanirv

hi,

yeah still gutted, thing is a paid less than its worth, so they'll probably only pay out what i paid for it. My insurance had 11month 1 week left, they end that now, but i dont know if its worth arguing about. If this goes through touch wood, then i might go back with them.

I got a real bargain, but i dont know if to argue that i couldnt possilbly replace the vechicle (like for like) for what i paid for it. There likely going to just offer me what i paid for it, but i doubt i could go out and get one the same for the same price i paid.

I havent paid my excess yet?

thanks for all your help sop far

cheers

Thinking of it - they will give you the value of the car right now - I dont think what you paid really matters.....

Although once they do the valuation, they will tell you - although 11 months insurance is a bummer - do you mind me asking how much that would be?

To get the overall figure, you need to look at what its worth now, minus the 11 months insurance, minus the excess and thats the figure you're looking at as a cheque to go out and buy another one (or at least to pay your parents back!)

I have just looked on Tesco.com, who are my insurers and in the policy documents pdf, it states that in the event of a total loss claim the maximum they will pay is the market value of your vehicle, unless you are entitled to a replacement vehicle (which you arent), so it looks like what you paid for it doesnt matter....

My insurance was £650, im 22 with ncb, i thinking that will go up by 20% now?!?

According to parkers retail specific to my car based on exact condition and milleage, type etc. My car is worth just over £1000 more than i paid for it. I dont know how to argue the point that i wont get a similar car for the price i paid for it.

The overall figure im guessing would be £6500, they should be offering me with my excess took off and insurance took off.

As for market value, yes my car is ( was :( ) definetly worth more than i paid for it, just over a £1000 more.

i wonder me saying offer me £6000 cheque, but they pay the excess and offer me insurance again witht them at half price or say 33% off?

Im just eager to get back on road and get another t sport!

Thanks again guys, you have been really helpful, im due to send the documents off today.

Im sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you were not hurt :(

It seems you are doing all you can to find out what value your car is

At the least , they should offer you what you paid for the car ,I assume You have the receipts and the invioces etc for the price you paid so that you can prove what it was worth . I have never wrote off a car so I dont know what they do . I would say that they will offer you equivalent for what you paid ( or maybe market value )

when you had your accident did you go to the hospital and report the accident ?

Because then they will check you for whiplash etc and you can put in a claim subject to a doctors exam . Even if you get shortchanged on the car , you could rightly claim for injuries which can help you out when you get a new car . Also loss of earnings , transport/travell to and from hospital etc or wherever ( eg TAxis )

Its all worth considering and putting in for

Anyway good luck :thumbsup:

Im sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you were not hurt  :(

It seems you are doing all you can to find out what value your car is

At the least , they should offer you what you paid for the car ,I assume You have the receipts and the invioces etc for the price you paid so that you can prove what it was worth . I have never wrote off a car so I dont know what they do . I would say that they will offer you equivalent for what you paid ( or maybe market value )

when you had your accident did you go to the hospital and report the accident ?

Because then they will check you for whiplash etc and you can put in a claim subject to a doctors exam . Even if you get shortchanged on the car , you could rightly claim for injuries which can help you out when you get a new car . Also loss of earnings , transport/travell to and from hospital etc or wherever ( eg TAxis )

Its all worth considering and putting in for

Anyway good luck :thumbsup:

Hi there thanks for your concern, no i had no injuries thank god. Im just hoping i get a resonable price

putting in for injury claim ?

when I had an accident a while ago the car was damaged due to avoiding another driver . He was in the wrong , the car repaired . I recieved compensation for injury and got back 2 days of fees for a course i was on .

I dont know about your situation but worth asking

putting in for injury claim ?

when I had an accident a while ago the car was damaged due to avoiding another driver . He was in the wrong , the car repaired . I recieved compensation for injury and got back 2 days of fees for a course i was on .

I dont know about your situation but worth asking

You can claim for personal injury in non fault situations only, in this case admanirv wouldn't be able to claim against anyone else.

Admanirv sorry to hear about your crash mate..I work in Motor Insurance Claims and everyone else has said what I was gonna say..you are given the market value of what your car was worth on the day the accident happened..we also have Glasses Guide too. If you want to dispute what value they give then gather evidence..i.e adverts off Autotrader, exchange & mart etc for cars of the same spec and age worth more..then they will reassess the figure you are given..or at least should do.

Let us know how the claim goes ok?

Blue

Hey thanks man!,

For given me advice i really appreciate it, i have sent all forms off now so its a hope and wait game!. Basically in my cover letter i said i had paid to view glasses guide and parkers to give an accurate value of my value specific to my millege, condition and spec , and that had gave me an idea of the market value.

I basically want to see what they say, becuase thinking now, ther bound to say "were not giving more than you paid for it".

Would a valid argument be:

"you said you would be pay me market value", - even though i bought my car less than market

"the car was originally up for sale at £7000", i battered the garage down and pay in cash there and then, another person could have easily gone along and paid £7000 for it.

"same cars are for sale at £7200 in other garages.

Just id like advice off you since your in the trade! :D

thanks again, will let you know how it goes

Hey thanks man!,

For given me advice i really appreciate it, i have sent all forms off now so its a hope and wait game!. Basically in my cover letter i said i had paid to view glasses guide and parkers to give an accurate value of my value specific to my millege, condition and spec , and that had gave me an idea of the market value.

I basically want to see what they say, becuase thinking now, ther bound to say "were not giving more than you paid for it".

Would a valid argument be:

"you said you would be pay me market value", - even though i bought my car less than market

"the car was originally up for sale at £7000", i battered the garage down and pay in cash there and then,  another person could have easily gone along and paid £7000 for it.

"same cars are for sale at £7200 in other garages.

Just id like advice off you since your in the trade! :D

thanks again, will let you know how it goes

You need to read your policy docs first off - to give you the facts you'll need!

However, they might stump you with the up to maximum value of the vehicle - thats what Tesco Insurance says in their policy documents, but you need to check yours and read the exact wording - if they say up to, then you might not have a case to argue it!

My claim STILL isnt sorted yet and its been almost 2 months! :ffs: