Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobile Phones

Matthew_McNally

Currently have a T610 on orange.

unhappy that this has just come top of the list of phones with the highest SAR rating - not happy with that at all. :crybaby:

So - gonna change handset.

A phone to me must,

- go bring, bring and let make and receive phonecalls

- have bluetooth, as have a car kit and headset, and I also use it with my laptop / pda to check mail when I am out and about.

- have GPRS (or better).

Want to stay with Orange - have no real complaints with them.

Have been looking at their 3G offerings, as I like the idea of high speed mobile internet access (up to 144kps I believe).

As I have a sony carkit and headset - been looking at the Sony Ericsson Z1010.

Anyone have any practical experience of this phone?

Whats it like?

What sort of connection speeds are you getting?

There are loads of people on here who seem to know everything about the latest mobiles, so I ask you - edumacate me on 3G :lol:

From my experiance orange 3G coverage is pretty poor (I have a 3G mobile office card for my laptop)

9/10 times it fall sback into GPRS..

I have an a1000 on 3, good phone, decent network deal too

Sorry that doesn't help you much, but you could unlock an a1000 to orange? :)

i would recomend u got a nokia 6230. I have it on orange UK, get 200 minutes any network n e time and 1000 txts for £30 a month.

its very good, got the phone free. its got an mp3 player, and all of them features u listed. very easy to use, and its a nokia! very very durable and has a built in digital camera. very VERY good quality. should look it up. Has an SAR rating of 0.59. (VERY VERY GOOD)

motorola v620, i have the v600 and its spot on, only thing i can groan about is the slow txt and how it fell apart when i threw it at wall (dont ask)

lol, i have a tendancy of throwin my phone at walls n stuff (usually over a girl or sumfin like that lol). but fortunatly ive enver broken my phone.....I LOVE NOKIA'S

DA, I think its to do with the amount of radiation given off by the phone when its by your ear.

I have a Nokia 6820 (I think - its the one with the fold out keyboard). It does all that you want bar the 3G-ness as up here the coverage is non-existant.

Hope this helps,

Alan

lol, i have a tendancy of throwin my phone at walls n stuff (usually over a girl or sumfin like that lol). but fortunatly ive enver broken my phone.....I LOVE NOKIA'S

a mate has a tendancy for this too, so he bought a nkia, the one in the rubber case thats supposed to be shockproof, splashproof, and all the other stuff. but then the clown lost it :lol:

I work in the industry and hope to answer a couple of questions:

SAR is specific Absorption Rate.... It is the level of RF energy that transmated from the phone and absorbed into your head! (The lower the level the better)

3G phones.... I would stay away from them at the moment. They are new technology and therefore still riddled with bugs. 3G being new is also still quite an expensive system to be on. Sony Ericsson K700/P900 Motorola V600 or most other new phones tend to be good deals... you should be able to get free phone, BT headset and some other goodies atm.

Good luck. Feel free to ask anyother questions (p.s. bluetooth is my specialty)

i would recomend u got a nokia 6230. I have it on orange UK, get 200 minutes any network n e time and 1000 txts for £30 a month. 

its very good, got the phone free. its got an mp3 player, and all of them features u listed. very easy to use, and its a nokia!  very very durable and has a built in digital camera. very VERY good quality. should look it up. Has an SAR rating of 0.59. (VERY VERY GOOD)

Did you miss the bit about 3G which the 6230 isnt!!

Plus that Nokia breaks down more than your average Italian sports car!!!

Matt, stay well away from 3G, from what ive heard, it ends up being just normal GSM 99% of the time anyway!

ive never had n e bother with nokia's. infact i know a guy who has one of them nokia's with the rubber cover which is supposed to be waterproof and bouncy!

to test it out we put the phone in a pint of beer and rang it! lol was funny! pint started shakin lol!

hmmm radiation filled beer :-D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links