Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roadrage

mrrandom

tonight i was driving up the motorway, and this guy was coming down the ramp to join the motorway, he attempted to overtake me from his lane (the left lane) but ran out of room so had to slow down, he started to come in ontop of me which forced me to speed up, I tooted the horn at him as he was swerving round the back of my car and into the fast lane (he nearly went right into the rear of my car) so he slowed right down level with my car, nearly forcing the car behind him to run into him. He then started to try and force himself in ontop of me to force me onto the hard shoulder (scared the hell ota me) I started waving at him to move on up the road and to basically **** off. So what he done then was he swerved in ontop of the front of my car, I hada slam the brakes to stop him from hiting the front of my car, he then proceeded to start doing emergency stops infront of me, nearly forcing me to drive into the back of him. Why do people do things like this? He nearly took me off the road, I was basically allerting him to his dangerous mistake by tooting the horn, so why react like he did? I recorded his number plate.

DE52 XWB

should I report him for it? Or just leave it (would I be hassled) cause a ubik like him would go on and kill somebody..... the car that ended up behind him was going mad with the horn at him too cause he nearly killed every1 in the area....

could you not have just slowed down and let him in?

as to why he did, its simple - some people are just scum.

more chlorine in the gene pool please

No, was driving at 40MPH on the motorway, I had right of way and he was flying up the left. He ran outa road just before he had the chance to get round me. Besides, people on the motorway have right of way over people coming on

No, was driving at 40MPH on the motorway, I had right of way and he was flying up the left. He ran outa road just before he had the chance to get round me. Besides, people on the motorway have right of way over people coming on

not having a go mate - no you get dogpiled sometimes - ok :)

but, it would have been so easy just to let up of the gas to open up a gap, give him two quick flashes to say "OK mate - in you go", then speed back up again.

Would have cost you 30 seconds - maximum.

keeping him off the motorway like that just nearly cost you your life.

not excusing his behaviour, nor blaming you mate - just illustrating the point. ;)

OR alternatively you could simply move into the next lane to allow him to join?..this would have avoided you unintentionally blocking him or having to slow down.

BUT what an absolute w*nk that guy was! I hate retards that take thier anger out on other roadusers.

im an "R" driver. I.E. restricted, not entirely sure if u have that in england. But here in N.Ireland "R" drivers arent allowed in the fast lane or to exceed 45MPH anywhere for the first yr of driving.

Besides, he had plenty of room behind me, i was way on up the motorway whenever he started to come down the amp, he was going so fast he caught up with me....think he was tryin to race me r sumit....he cuda pulled out long before

but, it would have been so easy just to let up of the gas to open up a gap, give him two quick flashes to say "OK mate - in you go", then speed back up again.

Would have cost you 30 seconds - maximum.

keeping him off the motorway like that just nearly cost you your life.

hmm...possibly....well...i suppose i coulda done that....althogh I was hardly expectin him to come right up besid me when there was about a 1/4 mile of open road behind me where he cuda pulled out...

Wasnt driving an Impreza was he? They have a tendancy to be like that....SCUM :lol::thumbsup:

im an "R" driver. I.E. restricted, not entirely sure if u have that in england. But here in N.Ireland "R" drivers arent allowed in the fast lane or to exceed 45MPH anywhere for the first yr of driving.

not even in an emergency?

In the same situation - I would say either drop back as I advised, or do as pizza boy advised and say move into the other laner briefly - never mind the rules.

As i said mate - not having a go at you.

But - you have no control over how the idiots on the road drive - you will see worse than this unfortunately. :(

All you can do is learn from the experience, and react differently to it next time :)

Lol yeah.If i hada een in my yaris id prob. got ****** off n tried to scare him mre aftr doin that (also a bad idea i no) but i et the feeling that if i hada been in a bigger car . a bm 530d or impreza or sumit wit a big engine he wuda acted differently. I wasin my 1.2 clio lol no power in it, only 4 gears lol. He was in a 2.2L Bora.

Lol yeah.If i hada een in my yaris id prob. got ****** off n tried to scare him mre aftr doin that (also a bad idea i no) but i et the feeling that if i hada been in a bigger car . a bm 530d or impreza or sumit wit a big engine he wuda acted differently. I wasin my 1.2 clio lol no power in it, only 4 gears lol. He was in a 2.2L Bora.

I'm asleep, nearly :yes: :P :D

A 1.4 is never going to come close to a tuned 2.0ltr Turbo :thumbsup:

lol barryflood you were doing so well ...typing well using correct spellings etc then you went back to yer old txt typin ways :rolleyes:

If i hada een in my yaris id prob. got ****** off n tried to scare him mre aftr doin that (also a bad idea i no) but i et the feeling that if i hada been in a bigger car . a bm 530d or impreza or sumit wit a big engine he wuda acted differently

tut tut! :)

Wasnt driving an Impreza was he? They have a tendancy to be like that....SCUM  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Now, Now Leaky... Put that handbag away :P

You're attacking fellow Jap car nutters there - you should be having a go at beemer scum :D

BTW Barry, you should have let the bloke in in the first place - he wouldn't have got so irate with you then. As a new driver you should be more curtious on the roads as you are going to be slower than anyone else.

Blocking (or stopping) moving traffic onto a major road can be really dangerous as irate drivers further back in the que could (out of impatience) que-jump straight onto the busy road causing an accident - I have seen it happen twice.

"Merge In Turn" I think is the phrase.

I get well p!ssed off when slow drivers don't let me onto the motor way. OK, I'll just flip them the bird and call them something. But don't threaten to smack them off the road with my car.

System~G Posted Today, 07:35 AM

(Leeky @ Jan 19 2005, 12:01 AM)

Wasnt driving an Impreza was he? They have a tendancy to be like that....SCUM

Now, Now Leaky... Put that handbag away

You're attacking fellow Jap car nutters there - you should be having a go at beemer scum

I consider you all to be correct: :thumbsup:

Leaky round where I live most Impreza's are driven by chav's and the version they have is usually a well thrashed 'iffy' example from a 'dodgy' importer (Most import agencies are fine and provide a superb service).

System G as for Modern BMW's they seem to be driven by P :censor: sed up managing directors who've had one 'liquid lunch' to many.

Barryflood A lot of company 'rep's are getting Boras as company cars (in Shropshire industrial estates this is for certain) needless to say they are always in a rush!

Also I'm supprised no one mentioned the 'Rep'/Company Exec. driving his Vauxhall Vectra like an irrate moron. :ffs:

Barry why is it YOU have so many problems with nasty drivers? , is there something you are not telling us... true i get my fair share of annoying drivers, but i dont end up in so many nasty confrontations as you do

Something your not telling us Barry? :angry::angry:

lo naw nothing,and no i wasn't blocking him from getting onto the motorway, i was way passed the ramp when he came down it, I was away nearly clear of the end of his lane where it closes off. he was flying so he was, think he was just tryin to outrun me or sumfin but was unsuccessful cause he jusdt about ran outa road so hehada go behind me, left it to the last minute so he did. could have pulled out behind me at any stage, was plenty of open road beside him, but just waited to the last minute.

And the diff is that u are in England, here in N.Ireland we have the highest accident rate in europe. Alot of lunatics on our roads. AN AWFUL LOT