Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do You Answer 'private Number' Calls..

JappyBeast

Well, I think if they dont honour you by showing their number then why should you answer?

I got a call last night from a private number and I canceled it, then 5 mins later it rang again, so I answered it thinking it was my mate Ste who always holds his number back.

Turned out to be some drunk random telling me that my number is on his girlfriends phone.. what a loser!

I go back to my 'dont answer private numbers' policy again.

Not really in the habit of answering them unless ive been in the pub and not really bothered who it is! lol

i paid my phone network to create a "forced number displayal" so whenever sum1 tries to withhold their number it pops up. the caller thinks its witheld. fun for ppl tryin to prank u wen u can just call em back lol

i dont answer them cos it is usually work askin me to come in :P . i have such dedication. i didnt know u could have forced number on ur phone

i paid my phone network to create a "forced number displayal" so whenever sum1 tries to withhold their number it pops up. the caller thinks its witheld. fun for ppl tryin to prank u wen u can just call em back lol

Can you really do this?

What network?

:lol:

I used to as my sister's number was "private" after she got a couple of crank calls (that's Aberdeen for you!). I try not to now.

I have Caller Display on my home phone and I follow the same rule with that.

A

oh god...this is the 3rd forum jappys posted this topic on!! im nopt putting my answer again!! :P

I answer them, and if it's someone trying to sell me something... I ask them to wait while I get who they want to talk to, then speak to them using arnold schwarzenegger sounds and have a jolly good chuckle whilst doing it.

Arnold Sounds

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

I answer them, and if it's someone trying to sell me something... I ask them to wait while I get who they want to talk to, then speak to them using arnold schwarzenegger sounds and have a jolly good chuckle whilst doing it.

Arnold Sounds

"Who is your daddy, and what does he do?"

:lol: Superb..

Check me out.. :lol:

the only people that ever call me with a private number is capital one, They dont call me at all as i just changed my number!!!! lolololol

as a rule i dont!!

:lol: Frickin' A!

I gotta answer mine, because it's usually my brother whose work fone number is witheld.

I had some punk the other dy saying my number was on his birds fone, he knew where i lived and he was going to come and take my knee caps off. When i told him where to go, he said that im going to get murdered. I laughed at that and he hung up. Foolish people!

Iv had a few prank calls over the years iv had a mobile, i just laugh at them and they shut up.

The thing i hate is when i get a call from a number i don't know, that isn't witheld... so i answer and it's either my manager from work or some person i gave my number to in a pub who i have no idea who they are!!!!

Well, I think if they dont honour you by showing their number then why should you answer?

I got a call last night from a private number and I canceled it, then 5 mins later it rang again, so I answered it thinking it was my mate Ste who always holds his number back.

Turned out to be some drunk random telling me that my number is on his girlfriends phone.. what a loser!

I go back to my 'dont answer private numbers' policy again.

lol, thats a prank call mate. a mate of mine tried that on me the other week. i started sayin to the guy that i had been screwing his bird and if he had a problem i would give him my address so we could sort it out face to face.

turns out it's a pre-recorded message thing and the mate can listen in on it. my mate stopped the call after a bit and creased up laughing. i gave him a smack the next time i saw him. it was a hilarious conversation cos i started going on about how i had a threesome with his bird and his mom :D

i have to answer private calls as they are often from work and they dont give a caller id.

I just answer them, doesn't really bother me if its some random person wanting to threaten me or whatever! :thumbsup:

WHAT AND YOU DIDNT ASK HIM IF HE WANTED A QUICK WORD WITH HER!!! that would have really ****** him off.

dont answer em, i never do. really annoys my boss when i dont too :D

Never answer.... :(

Had a problem with prank calls and a bitter ex boyfriend with my last phone number!

Changed it, but if people cant be bothered to show their number then I cant be bothered to answer!

Same with the home phone too.... :yes:

Depends what kind of mood i'm in, usually do answer though out of curiosity... Cool that you can force a number to be shown, be interesting to see if O2 do that!

Something that does get my back up though is "One-Belling"

In those cases i'll be damned if i'm ringing them back, cheapskates!

:lol:  Frickin' A!

I gotta answer mine, because it's usually my brother whose work fone number is witheld.

I had some punk the other dy saying my number was on his birds fone, he knew where i lived and he was going to come and take my knee caps off. When i told him where to go, he said that im going to get murdered. I laughed at that and he hung up. Foolish people!

That is the exact call I got... found out today at work that its going round!

Still not gonna answer private numbers.

If I get a call from a private number I either ignore it, or get my Parents to answer it for me if I am at home. The trouble is sometimes our house number will come up as private on my mobile display even tho it's not withheld and the number is stored on my phone...which is odd.

As for our home phone, we've got caller display..if I am here with the Parents then I answer it no matter what..if I am here alone I switch the answerphone on and check the display, so if I dont want to talk to the person I will see their number and tell my Parents when they get home or they can leave a message on the a/phone...if its important then they'll leave a message..if it's not important then it doesnt matter either way. If it;s one of my Friends ringing then of course i answer it :yes:

Btw I work in a Call Centre so I tend to avoid using phones to talk on outside of work where possible, texting is better!

Yeh mate, your numbers on my girls phone!

I got that on my mobile its ***** funny to call mates and play that to them :D

I tend to answer them because i'm nosey :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links