Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Wiper Splines Worn

sotal

My Wife's Seat Ibiza's windscreen wipers went berserk yesterday in the heavy sleet that came down,

it turns out that the drivers side one is slipping a bit then gets tangled with the passenger side one and then just sits at the bottom. Not much use when you want to see where you are going!

Now this usually wouldn't be a Toyota problem, but the problem is that she refuses to drive it until I get it fixed, so I am lumped with the dodgy Ibiza, and she took off in my Celica this morning :angry:

Any ideas on how to fix it? These were my initial thoughts:

Buy a new wiper arm - It hardly seems worth spending any money on now

Stick some epoxy resin around it to hold it in place - Could be nasty if I ever do need to remove it

Get some kind of adapter to use a nut instead?? I'm sure they used to do something like that??

:help: Please, please help so I can get back in my Celica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :help:

When the same thing happened to an old Fiat of mine I spent hours trying all sorts of things to stop the arm slipping, nothing seemed to work.

I got so ****** off I just went and bought a brand new arm from the Fiat dealer, and was surprised when it came in under a tenner.

You could always try a local scrappy.

Gareth.

I'd see if you can drill a hole all the way thrugh the wiper collar and into the shaft and put a screw /metal shaft in there...

If your feeling particulary smarty pant-ed, you oculd tap it and use a grub nut so it looks "stock"

I had the sam e problem in my tempory polo. However the engien seized before I got around to fixing it :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ideas,

but I couldn't get the damn thing off - Ended up taking it to the garage as it needed lots other things doing as well - and the longer it takes me the longer I don't have the Celica!

Cheers :thumbsup:

I'd have just tried tightening the retainer nut .

Just noticed your post in "Celica" too. For future reference the plastic cover hinges up to reveal the nut that holds the arm on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links