Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chrome Grill?

Kev Mc

Got my car a few months ago, still in the very early stages of personalisin it, its a darkish blue, I'd call it royal blue & its got a black plastic grill. I'm thinkin about gettin a chrome 1 on it but I'm worried it mite make it look a bit worse, with it mayb stickin out a bit much, ne1 had this done?

Wot about fittin it? I phoned Toyota & the fella said itd take about half an hr so itd cost £20, think this is reasonable or wud it b easy 2 fit myself or shall I take it 2 a garage?

I not got one.. but y u not fit it urself in only a few bolts/screws

Ooooh... sounds like Carlo Blue to me! Welcome to the crew!! :lol::lol: :D

Is it this colour...?

080_front_side_viewSmall.JPG

2a1_frontSmall.JPG

8f6_Side_view_Small.JPG

Sorry... just an excuse to show of my shiny car! (It's filthy at the moment... dmaned weather! It'll be clean for sunday's meet though all-being-well on the weather front!

As far as i know, it's pretty easy to fit, just whip old off, glue new one on. It might look ok, not sure though... anybody fancy photoshoping the man one??

P.S. Welcome to the club!!

firstly welcome to the club mate :thumbsup:

secondly you going with standrad chrome grill, which u can get from mr t, u can also find it on eBay fiarly often!!

shouldn't be too hard to fit, pop the bonnet and see how the original is secured in place!! :thumbsup:

2a1_frontSmall.JPG

you got a chrome grill on urs lol who needs photoshop?? :)

I wouldn't have said it was chrome... more like titanium! But if that's what they class it as, then hey presto... chrome grill!!

dont pay someone to fit it. its soo easy to fit. just a matter of 3 bolts i think. unscrew them, and unclip it, and then clip in the new grille and screw in the 3 bolts! hey presto! well thats how i installed my t-sport grille on my old 1.0 colour collection!

Thats a hell of a welcome, only posted last nite, wasnt expectin that, nice 1!!!

In the log book they really pushed the boat out & give it the highly creative name of "blue", it looks similar 2 Carlo Blue but not exactly the same, if I'm bein totally honest it has a tiny, I repeat tiny, hint of purple in sum lights (bought it @ an auction & it looked a bit different), which my m8s try 2 take the mick about now.

Anyway, I'm wafflin, definately gonna get it done, when I phoned Toyota the price they gave me was similar 2 wot it was goin on eBay 4 so I'll get it from Toyota & fit it myself, I'm gonna have 2 brave the weather & have a look how the other 1's fitted.

Thanks again 4 all the replies

anyone got a lester grill? jaxx had one but envy dont have it on their site anymore!

Im after 1 of these myself :thumbsup: call them directly, im sure they could get it in, would give u number but seems ive lost it, its on their site :(

hint of purple in sum lights which my m8s try 2 take the mick about now.

nothin wrong with blue/ purple mate, and definately nothing wrong with a yaris!!! wot cars ur mates drive??

Got my car a few months ago, still in the very early stages of personalisin it, its a darkish blue, I'd call it royal blue & its got a black plastic grill. I'm thinkin about gettin a chrome 1 on it but I'm worried it mite make it look a bit worse, with it mayb stickin out a bit much, ne1 had this done?

Wot about fittin it? I phoned Toyota & the fella said itd take about half an hr so itd cost £20, think this is reasonable or wud it b easy 2 fit myself or shall I take it 2 a garage?

theres one on eBay now, dont know if its what you want

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7948976737&rd=1

The grill on seveer's car and SR's is a titanium coloured grill that is darker than chrome. On lower models you should get the chrome and maybe the black grills.

Also mate .. dont pay someone to fit it, its it only 3 bolts which are very easily accessible. It is the easiest mod you can do on your car .. even easier than changing the bulbs which can be a git to undo sometimes! :thumbsup:

nothin wrong with blue/ purple mate, and definately nothing wrong with a yaris!!! wot cars ur mates drive??

I kno there isnt but if I wanted a purple car I'd have gone 4 a purple 1, I just love the colour blue. My m8s only try 2 take the mickey coz when I 1st bought it I mentioned it 2 1 of them & they kno it annoys me, but they havent even got a car between them so thats y I said "try 2".

the ones on ebay are a little different

Wots the difference between the 1's on eBay & wot I'd get from Toyota?

Iv got a chrome one i can sell you!

pm me if you interested! toyota part,had it on my SR for a while instead of the titaniumish colour but retuned to standard as im sellin up soon!

CB

Iv got a chrome one i can sell you!

pm me if you interested! toyota part,had it on my SR for a while instead of the titaniumish colour but retuned to standard as im sellin up soon!

CB

Nah, 2 b honest with u I'm gonna get a new 1, we're not talkin that much money so I'll just get it new. Just wonderin whether 2 get it from Toyota or off eBay, I think I'll get it from Toyota coz they shud give me a good 1.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links