Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte Alloys

chrisb

There are some TTE alloys on eBay and i was wondering whether

-they are lightweight alloys,if so by how much

-are the availqable as 16,s

-what width are they compared to standard yts ysr alloys

any other info

answers on a postcard first person to answer all question wins a beer!

CB :thumbsup:

yes u can get these in 16"

they come in 7.5x16 in the traditional tte design

check tte website for further information, they can be found under car models and then yaris, along with many other tte parts :thumbsup:

i think it was the chicane 3 piece alloys i found!and there only available as 15!any idea if there gonna be made available as 16????

never seen that site!

cheers

yea i thought that as i checked site again after posting, um no i dont, u could always try e-mailing them theres some contact detials on there i believe :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy!

they do the chicane in 15(4 stud) 17 and 18(5 stud)noooo 16

ill have to get in touch sometime or look at 15s

cool cool, keep us informed mate :thumbsup:

Thats strange, i would personally be more interested with 16s, compared to the 15s

The traditional tte wheel is available as 7 and 7.5in wide as 16s!

can anybody tell me if i would need any arch modification to get the 7.5in 16s on and still have full lock?

What is the width of the standard Yaris yts wheel?and ysr for comparison reasons!

can you fit varying width tyres to the same width wheel?

The traditional tte wheel is available as 7 and 7.5in wide as 16s!

can anybody tell me if i would need any arch modification to get the 7.5in 16s on and still have full lock?

What is the width of the standard Yaris yts wheel?and ysr for comparison reasons!

can you fit varying width tyres to the same width wheel?

when I got my 16s I was looking at 7.5s and was warned off them ... only way to get them fitted was to roll arches and if I was going to do that I'd get 17s!

Oversizing tyres

If you want the fat look but don't want to go bonkers with new wheels, you can oversize the tyres on the rims usually by about 20mm (to be safe). So if your standard tyres are 185/60 R14s, you can oversize them to about 205mm. But make sure you recalculate the percentage value to keep the sidewall height the same.

Got this info while doing a search for a guide i use at work.. which tells us the different widths of tyres than can be fitted to a specified width of wheel.

The most common thing that happens if you want wider tyres on your currently fitted rims is to go up 2 sizes in width and drop the profile of the tyre........

e.g

155x13 (155/80x13) = 175/70x13 = 185/60x13.

I nearly all cases.. the above tyre sizes have a very close rolling radius to each other so as ensuring speed ratio's remain the same.. furthermore all the sizes should fit on the same rim ( the normal size rims that come with cars that have this size of tyre as standard is between 5 - 5½ J.

For more usefull info on tyres n stuff click here ... had a quick look things look pretty accurate ( I am a tyre fitter so i know a little)

Tell me what size you got now and i'll tell you biggest you should go to on your rims ( tell me the rim size too... eg.. 6jx14 .

EDIT: i got 205/40x17 on a 7Jx17 rim

At the moment i have the standard sr wheels but will be selling my car VERY(i hope)shortly and was just after info on tyres as i would like to change the wheels as one of the first mods i do!

i was looking at the tte chicane alloys but the arnt available as 16s which is what ill be after and the fatter the batter as i hope to tune the car up a bit!

the other tte alloys available as 16s come in 7 and 7.5 so was aiming at the 7.5 to get maximum grip!

so can you tell me the standard tyre size?

max tyre size?

are fatter tyres alot more expesive?

recommended profile?

When you sat arch rolling is this just the small lip inside the arch or will the arches need pulling etc etc ?????????

Thanks

On 16" you can have 195/45x16's or better.. 205/45x16's.

Both sizes will fit a 7 or 7.7J rim very comfortably.

If the car is lowered quite a lot then i would recommend getting the 195's to have less chance of it bottoming out. (speak to other TOCer's who have the cars lowered to see if 205's rub)

Arch rolling is just getting the little lip turned in.. you might not need this done ( i don't with the 7x17's) but it depends on the offset of the wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links