Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bigger Engine In Yaris

scotty15

:P can anyone tell me what size of engine( and tech) would possible fit into the old yaris engine bay??? want more fun!!

first off mate, welcome to the club :thumbsup:

not to sure about size, but id be interested to know aswell actually

but with a 1 ltr u have there mate, ull have a lot of work 2 consider, clutch, brakes suspension etc not just the engine conversion

Hi scotty15

A 1.8 corolla t sport engine has being put into one before. But dam thats a lot of work to be done there. The rad had to be moved and all type of stuff i think i have got a picture of it somewhere i will have a look ;)

jerry!!

id be curious to see them jerry :thumbsup: somthin 2 way up wots the best option in the long run and money wise, engine conversion/turbo/supercharge, or if want serious performance a combination

i would love to put a corolla t sport engine in my car that would just finish it off i think imagine it 190 bhp yaris

Hi Chuck04

Here are the pictures as requested. These are quite old pictures from back in 2002 if i remember rightly ;) I bet this car must really move with this engine in :drool: As you can see there is no space in the engine bay :o But who care's with 189bhp on tap :help: Spin city dont you think :P

gallery_177_74_1106181181.jpg

gallery_177_74_1106181244.jpg

gallery_177_74_1106181327.jpg

Cheers jerry!!

that looks awsome i would love to get a price on getting that done  :yes:

I think it was a one off mate. If i remember rightly there was so many problems they had getting the engine in there and just making it run correctly. Your better off just getting a faster car as it would cost you a arm and a leg :help:

jerry!!

Cost you an arm and a leg though

....and maybe a bit of your chest!

Serious mullah needs spending for that!

Iv always thought though... if money was no object....

1.8 engine

Uprated cams, valves polishing etc

Supercharger

Full new suspension, brakes, clutch to handle power

Rear-wheel drive conversion

Filter and full stainless system manifold, pipe, de-cat and out to twin fujitsubo's

6 Speed gearbox installed

NO exterior modification... then, you pull next to anyone in anything, they think... ha, slow little car... and in less than 5secs, you're at 60mph! Crazy sh*t!

Probably not feasable in anyway, but if it was.... that's one quick car!!

id love to do all of that to mine, but with the added exterior mods as well tho!!

thed be like, stoopid slow yaris, and id be like yea haha wat evs, see u later, :lol: hows my ***** lookin :lol:

I meant no crappy bodykit... subtle things like alloys, possibly tints, de-badge etc... almost standard, and then whoomph... not very standard anymore!!

if i get my charger on with the pully modification it should be around 200bhp, so whilst the ****** in the scooby next to me is sitting on the turbo lag...................bye bye :D

you know what i mean! but ive been looking at type-R's again.....:P

personally i think you'd be better putting a corrola 1.6l engine in the yaris and doing what toyota did with the 1.3, and change the stroke to make it a 1.5. thus making your 1.6 a 1.8. that or boring it out. hopr fully giving you a 1.8 thats smaller than the standard 1.8 toyota block. of course thats it the 1.6 is a normal sized 1.6 :D

hmm temptations temtations

how much did ur supercharger cost u chris??

very tempted to go down this route, purley becuase u can have a fast car that people know is fast, or you could have, which is what id like to do, a car that doesnt look as fast as people think ( t sport) but it is becuase they dont know whwat uve done to it... so nice surprise :D for people who think they can do u up on the motorway

and 200bhp?? is that a fairly acurrate figure, poor yaris should fly

could you fit a 3sgte in?

or maybe a supercharged engine like that in knowlsons corolla?

cheers guy's for the warm welcome. :thumbsup: i've got much to think about!! thought i loved the liccle yaris loads- but every1 here has put me to shame :( the meet in wales sounds good- but dont know if work allows it. will there be any meets up in yorkshire??????????? :D :D

i paid about 155 quid. theres a few companys that produce an aftermarket pully for the eaton charger. a smaller one which increases the RPM of the charger, thus forcing more air out :D to start with im just gonna keep the standard charger, as i may need new pistons, valves etc if i go too over the top :D

cheers guy's for the warm welcome. :thumbsup: i've got much to think about!! thought i loved the liccle yaris loads- but every1 here has put me to shame :( the meet in wales sounds good- but dont know if work allows it. will there be any meets up in yorkshire??????????? :D :D

best bet is to talk to mat aka moffmo, hes from west yorkshire :thumbsup:

tHERES a northern meet on sunday!!!!

Look in the meets section