Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Exhaust

armoredfist2002

My brother got his done at 7 out of 10 and imo is stupid loud and gets tiresome on the motorway! Each to their own and all that though! :thumbsup:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crisis

• armoredfist2002

• seveer unaek

• Ryan1985

10 outta 10 must just be ridicolously annoying then.

Probably 5 or 6 would be good then.

Yeah 5 or 6 would be loud enough I reckon without getting really annoying! :thumbsup:

Would be cool to have it changable, mmm motorway today so i think 3 or 4 will be just fine.

Im ****** off, i want them to hear me coming! Number 8 please.

armoredfist2002, does the exhaust you got custom made from powerflow, pop? If so, i would love to hear a sound clip before i go ahead and by one. :thumbsup:

armoredfist2002, does the exhaust you got custom made from powerflow, pop? If so, i would love to hear a sound clip before i go ahead and by one.  :thumbsup:

I don't know if it pops I have never heard it. I didn't even know a fujitsubo pops until a earlier post by someone.

Does the fujitsubo just pop in general or at higher revs?

But I would recommend powerflow to anyone, but check the dealers carefully as some are crap, but the one in Deeside was brilliant.

The one I went to had only been doing the exhausts for a few years, but he has had to fix a lot of exhaust by the previous person in Deeside, as they didn't give a crap about them.

Next time your pulling away, make sure your car's warmed up, then floor it in 1st until your bouncing on the rev-limiter... it should go:

po-po-po-p-op-p-p-p-p-pop-and just as you dip clutch to change gear... POP!

Then do it in 2nd all the way to 7000rpm and it p-p-p-pops!! Not sure about higher gears though.

Also, try driving in 2nd at about 6000rpm, then drop to about 4000rpm, whack the power back on and it might pop again! It defiantley works on a GTI-6 (which flames at same time!) not sure on anything else though!

Another tip... do it all in a tunnel!! Frickin' awesome! :thumbsup:

Mine kicks in a 7200rpm i think.... im usually accelerating too quick to notice!! :D

But it's definatley higher than 6600rpm

Red line is about 6300rpm i'd say... infact, have a look for yourself... not sure if T-Sport's the same though!

d4b_Speedo.JPG

:thumbsup:

EDIT Nope, i havn't been ranting/racing/killing it... just driving it properly... using my revs as the car wants me to... good old VVTI!! :thumbsup:

Edited by seveer unaek

Red line is about 6300rpm i'd say... infact, have a look for yourself... not sure if T-Sport's the same though!

d4b_Speedo.JPG

EDIT Nope, i havn't been ranting/racing/killing it... just driving it properly... using my revs as the car wants me to... good old VVTI!!  :thumbsup:

TS goes to 8,000rpm, will check to see where the Red line starts...

I like to rev, but not into the red, and not sometimes because after "x" rpm the bhp just dies and its not worth it.

If I'm pushing it I let it rev to the redline and then change, I never let it rev into the red! :thumbsup:

I remember jaxx sayin you're meant to take your car to the redline in every gear upto 3rd at least once a week as its good for the car!

Get out there razzin it TVOR! :lol::thumbsup:

TS? 8000 rpm? limiter is at about 6300. seveer you like my poping dont you :D

video clip of TS with apexi, fujistubo in a tunnel any one?? i'll get it up tomorrow :D

I remember jaxx sayin you're meant to take your car to the redline in every gear upto 3rd at least once a week as its good for the car!

Get out there razzin it TVOR! :lol:  :thumbsup:

yup ensures the VVTi is still working ok and the sensors are doing their job

also the increased oil pressure helps to blast any crap build up in the oilways and pipes

toyota bloke himself told me that

I've only gone to 4000/4500rpm  :eek:  I change way before that normally.

Same here so I don't know if my exhaust pops,

I've only gone to 4000/4500rpm  :eek:  I change way before that normally.

Now, this is a classic case of VVTI scared-ness! It's same with Honda and their V-Tec, especially the S2000. You're changing gear because you can hear it sounding strained... in no way is it, it's just coming into the power band... keep your foot in it and it's very good for the car and for putting smiles on your face. Just past 4500rpm you get better acceleration... boooost!! (not quite, but 'ish') :D :thumbsup:

TS? 8000 rpm? limiter is at about 6300. seveer you like my poping dont you :D

video clip of TS with apexi, fujistubo in a tunnel any one?? i'll get it up tomorrow :D

I do indeed like the popping! Oh, and i was watching your rev's earpl.... the limit is about 7000rpm... that's when you got the popping going mental!!

Also, i'd love a video clip! That would be the definition of Frickin' A!!

I think what he is trying to say is: GET THAT VIDEO TO US NOW... please :)

And most supercars have to be thrashed, they do scream but you have to let them! Someone I know drives porshes etc and revs them to hell! He is 40 mind and works for VW and a bit of a nutter.

Now, this is a classic case of VVTI scared-ness! It's same with Honda and their V-Tec, especially the S2000. You're changing gear because you can hear it sounding strained... in no way is it, it's just coming into the power band... keep your foot in it and it's very good for the car and for putting smiles on your face. Just past 4500rpm you get better acceleration... boooost!! (not quite, but 'ish') 

I got it to about 6000 rpm coming home from work in first and second and i see what you mean about better acceleration, just like a turbo kicking in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links