Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aux Input For The Stock Hu

eternity575

Ok..

currently im using a fm transmitter to connect my mio 168 to the system..

however, i really want to do it "cable" and not wireless...

is there a way to connect my pda directly to the input of the headunit?

i mean.. there are prolly 4 wires going from the cd unit to the "reciver" unit, and those are the ones i need...

although ill have to have a cd in all the time.. i dont care much.. unless someone got a better idea..

yes.. connecting it directly to the amp crossed my mind... but i dont wanna think what will happen if my pda will be on full volume one day...

Ok..

currently im using a fm transmitter to connect my mio 168 to the system..

however, i really want to do it "cable" and not wireless...

is there a way to connect my pda directly to the input of the headunit?

i mean.. there are prolly 4 wires going from the cd unit to the "reciver" unit, and those are the ones i need...

although ill have to have a cd in all the time.. i dont care much.. unless someone got a better idea..

yes.. connecting it directly to the amp crossed my mind... but i dont wanna think what will happen if my pda will be on full volume one day...

I'm putting a Yaris AUX input box in eBay soon. It will let you connect phono leads to your standard head unit. It cost me 75 quid! Next few days... Save a fair bit of the ridiculous retail price.

75 quid????

dont wanna be a bad guy.. but 10 is the tops im willing to pay for sumting like that..

if i only knew the schematics of the wires... i would just cut&solder ... no need for boxes etc.

how much do u think youll take for it?

wait wait.. let me get this straight...

it uses the changer connector? or what?

i mean.. to use it.. do you have to have a cd in or something?

addition : its just i can get a better fm modulator for about 13 quids... thats 80% less :(

No it just uses the cd changer input. You plug the aux lead in place of the cd changer plug and the cd changer plug goes into a seperate connection on the aux lead - SO you could still use a cd changer if you wished.

Once its all plugged in you'll then get another option when scrolling through the different functions (Radio,CD, etc.) It comes up as CD 1-1 on the screen.

I had a FM modulator before, and It was much cheaper than the AUX adaptor, but the quality was horrible! It was acceptable at low volumes but then got all distorted when you increased the volume.

guess so.. but 55 quids? i mean.. ill ge t a spoiler lol ...

i can get this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lhZtF2otyvz/c...otos&i=581DFTOY

for 60 us$ which is not cheap.. but not expensive..

also, i can just give up and connect my sony headunit... but i dont want to.. i like the "clean" look of factory stereo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links