Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Painting A Front Spoiler

Yaris-Nut

Hello everyone, i have a TTE front spoiler that needs to be primed and painted in metallic to match my car. From experience how much do these sorts of things cost to do?

The reason i'm asking is because i was quoted £120 for it to be primed, painted and lacquered, plus another £100 if i wanted my wing mirrors colour coded (which seem alot for mirrors). The problem is i'm not too sure on the quality of his work, but he assures me of an exact colour match and that he only uses top quality ici paint or something :blink: ??. I also asked about sorting out some scratches on the front bumper and he said £140 for that.

So all in all .. what do ppl think about those prices? And what prices should i expect .. obviously the cheaper the better, but needs to be good quality! :lol:

Cheers!

Was that just paint clarky?

Wondering how much it would be to pain and fit sideskirts myself.

Someone said it cost £800 to paint and fit a whole body kit.

Looked back through my mails ... it was actually 90 to spray and 60 to fit.

I reckon now that my confidence has grown I could do the front lip myself (fitting). But, thats cos I've seen it done and can see where it goes etc ...

I always er on the side of caution when it comes to stuff like this ... I'm good at my day job and Envy are good at theirs...

Thanks for the replies ... but the prices i quoted were just for painting and not fitting. Still .. it would help me a great deal if anyone who's had anything painted before to tell me the price and if it was a decent job.

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

i always pay for paint an fit myself, im REALLY tight,

ive fitted bumpers sideskirts, wings, headlamps, bootlids, bodykits etc.

and maybe a bodyshop could do a little better but i cant justify the cost

Looking good Matt, just need some rear skirt and it'll finish it off nicely! :thumbsup:

I'm liking it btw! :drool:

That front splitter is nice. Is that a Phase 2 addon?

Do they do any splitters for the Phase 1 TS?

Yep (you asked me that before) and there is a TTE front spoiler for the phase 1 but its non ts

I've got a new bumper already Ryan, just waiting to get it sprayed mate! :D

Same as this one here

Matt

Thanks for the info guys! I've just got a quote from this place that does work for insurance companies like Churchill. Got quoted £100 for the front spoiler and £10 per wing mirror, which is a very reasonable price i reckon.

Just need to know if you can take the wing mirror covers off easily or not, as i was told it maybe difficult to disassemble. Any idea's?