Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Window Tint On Very Rear Window

dannyb999

im gonna try and push for a refund on my window tints. 3rd time ive gotta go back now. and had enuf to be honest. but will he be able to remove the rear window tint without damaging the heated rear window strips? they have been on for about 2-3 weeks...

cheers

danny

the answer Im afraid is no so you may leave the back one on..was told it destroys the rear heater on the window by a tinter before

well he re-done the drivers side, the one with hair in, this time its got bits of dust underneath it and also some wierd kinda mark, looks like selotape under it!! looks terrible, passenger side has a small hair under it too. hardly noticeable, but matt (moffmo) spotted it straight away without me even mentioning it. the back two sides still look like a creased up tissue, and the rear one, more bubbles and things seem to have appeared. not exactly impressed, but dunno wot i can do about it. doubtful he will give me a refund to be honest :( truely fed up! and now i'll have to buy a new rear windscreen! mite as well have paid toyota £500 would probably have been easier and cheaper than wot it will cost me now!

Bad luck danny, hope you get it sorted. I would still pursue it until you are happier, end of the day you have paid for a job to be done, and it has to be fit for the purpose. Don’t give up on this.

You could also go down the small claims court route (not expensive) for a refund and damages (new window)

If you have paid money for a service and they have not provided this then they should give you a refund and refund any damages they have caused by not providin a decent service!

if you did take it to a small claims imo you would have a case!

CB :thumbsup:

No luck Danny! :angry:

I've said it before and will say it again - Pentagon! :thumbsup:

gotta agree with pentagon they are excellent, my work takes our cars to them.

bad luck danny but like TVOR says dont give up dont let them win.

as long as they use a heat gun to remove the tint then it wont damage rear heater and wont leave that stuff that looks like sellotpe

the sticky tuff or the film? if its the film use a heat gun to warm it then peel it off. as for the sticky stuff use soapy water and a stanley blade just make sure you dot hit the heater strips, this takes some patience lol

Sticky stuff is the toughest. My tint guy uses a fine grain of stainless steel wool with a specialized window cleaner. After about 5 passes at it the rear window is always squeaky clean and there's no damage to the defroster strips.

To peel the tint off you'll need to be patient, it's going to break in tons of tiny little pieces.

Really bad luck, Danny. I hope you get it happily sorted soon.

And like some of the others have said, don't give up. You paid for a decent job and didn't get it so have the right to a full refund plus expenses for any damage. Get him to do it and get in writing that he'll accept responsibility for any damage to the glass or heated rear window element.

If he refuses, mention the Office of Fair Trading which usually makes 'em honest!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/