Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Vitz

camid004

Dear All,

Just getting hold of a Japanese second hand import Vitz SCP10 - 1000cc 1999 model which are very popular here in Malta and the 1st thing i noticed is that the car manual supplied is all in Japanese ( obviously ) ... now i got 2 options .. either take a crash course in Japanese or ask you helpful folks if you might have a link to any Vitz / Yaris / Echo manual in pdf format or similar for me to follow the basics.

Anyone can help out??

Cheers!

Dave

:thumbsup:

You're lucky you even got a manual with your Vitz! I didn't get one with mine at all, but the garage are sourcing an english one for me now. Have a word with the place where you got the car from, they should really sort one out for you if they're any good in my opinion

I dont know if you would have any luck on eBay?

but if no one is selling one there is quite often some one breaking a yaris(theres one on there at the moment)and i would imagine if you got in touch with them they would have one they could sell to you!

hope this helps!

and if theres anything specific you need help with there will be someone here that will be able to help you!

CB :thumbsup:

Hi... also you can try your local Toyota country office & they should be able to source an English owners manual for you, but it will be a Yaris manual as Vitz only comes with jap manuals as far as I know.

Both manuals are basically the same so there shouldn't be any problem.

Cheers

Well I basically i have some questions like :

What kind of Engine Oil should I give the SCP10 Vitz ie. viscosity and type

After how much Km's should I change the air, oil and any other filters

What stuff should I look out for when I take it for a routine service that I didnt mention and failed to note

Do the Vitz have any petrol filter I should be aware of that needs changing ? ( My skoda diesel model has a diesel filter which i change at every service )

Thats about it i guess....

thanks,

david.

Ok here's some info:

Engine oil:

Use API grade SH, “Energy Conserving II” or SJ “Energy Conserving” multigrade engine oil. You can use any reputed brand, as for me I use Mobil.

Recommended SAE for temperature ranges are

20W-50 for -7C to 38+C

15W-40 for -12C to 38+C

10W-30 for -18C to 38C

5W-30 for -29C to 38+C

Coolant:

Use ethylene-glycol type coolant. Toyota Long Life Coolant or equivalent, mix 50% with distilled or dematerialized water (never use tap water)

Oil filter:

Toyota part number 90915-YZZC3 (not exactly sure as I can't see the part number on the installed filter, this part number is according to the invoice)

ATF: (if yours is automatic transmission)

Toyota Type T-IV or equivalent (DO NOT USE ANY OTHER PRODUCT). ATF change is no recommended before 40,000Km then also only if needed.

Usually service intervals fall on 7,500 miles (8,046Km) or 6 months which ever comes first. Changing the air filter mostly depend on your driving environment.

Cheers

Happy Motoring....

You too! welcome to the club btw...

Alan

• 2 months later...
Happy Motoring....

You too! welcome to the club btw...

Alan

If you still want to buy that manual, I bought mine from the Montabello showroom at Bir id-Deheb (malta of course ;) )

They ordered it for me & it cost about Lm16

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links