Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Turbo

yarislad2004

turboed 1.3, same power as a tsport, except the tsport doesnt have lag etc and mainteance....

Higher insurance....

Less braking on the 1.3 (two calipers, 4 on a tsport)

You are gonna spend more on turboing it and youll still have the ***** interior as apposed to the tsport seats and better interior, with better braking....

if you turbo the 1.3, you will definatly have to improve the tyres, brakes, suspension and seats (if you like to go fast :D round corners :D)

Says it all really!

erm...well..how bout...

how bout usin' these to turbo charge the yaris/vitz/echo/vios

1. turbine from 4E-FTE

2. i/c from 4E-FTE

3. customized exhaust manifold and i/c piping

4. oversize injectors

5. adjustable fuel regulator

6. oversize fuel pump

7. Greddy eManage piggyback

8. 2" exhaust piping with straight flow tail muffler

well... :rolleyes:

erm...well..how bout...

how bout usin' these to turbo charge the yaris/vitz/echo/vios

1. turbine from 4E-FTE

2. i/c from 4E-FTE

3. customized exhaust manifold and i/c piping

4. oversize injectors

5. adjustable fuel regulator

6. oversize fuel pump

7. Greddy eManage piggyback

8. 2" exhaust piping with straight flow tail muffler

well... :rolleyes:

yeh but won't that cost as much as the turbo kit? of cud i get them aswell :yes:

just emailed TDI about the turbo and they do make 1 for the phase 2 at the same price. they said there cud be problems fitting the ecu as its for standard jap models but they said they can fit it.

the price for turbo kit & fitting including VAT is £2820

which aint too bad fitted by proffesionals.

true true

while on the topic of turbos and all, which is better, performance wise, and for the car in general

Supercharge, or a turbo, working out what i want to do to mine so looking for figures and as much info as :thumbsup:

I'd go for the turbo because of the dump valve. It always turns heads...But that's a stupid reaseon! Can't comment on supercharger, never seen one (apart from pics) never heard one and never been in a car with one!

the super chargers are a great invention. FORCED INDUCTION. They sound great and you get the performance right from the start.

i personally like turbos. i cant believe how expensive dump valves are aswell.

turbos give u that extra little push (well not exactly little but a push indeed). they are a lot cheaper aswell. about a grand infact.

but its down to personal taste

Turbos work in certain rev ranges.

Supercharges work the whole range.

Notice though, how many cars have superchargers from the factory? I can think of many cars with Turbos, Mini Cooper S, Evo, Colt etc.

Also I guess you can run a turbo on normal fuel as well, whereas a supercharger needs high octane stuff (more expensive)

But never heard either really. I would look at a turbo myself, mainly due to price and its only "active" when you need to use it so perhaps better mpg on average in that situation.

I would like to get a Turbo, if I could find somewhere that has the turbo, all the kit needed, i go their, pay them the price and they fit it all and its all done. But life is never that simple is it.

Pictures :

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/front.jpg

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/back.jpg

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/frontdsk.jpg

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/reardisk.jpg

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/side.jpg

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/engine.jpg

Before I did the whole thing I was also wondering if it would be better to sell my car and buy a T-Sport. Then I realised that the important issue was not to have a super fast car but a car that could make me have a constant smile on my face while driving it. Now with almost the same cost as a new T-Sport, I have the same PS but with a wonderful sound from the turbo and the dump valve everytime I change a shift. I have also wonderful rims (16''), rear axle with disks from a ruined T-Sport, H&R springs and Bilstein Sprint shocks.

The result is :

http://users.otenet.gr/~biofotos/images/yaris/racing.jpg

I realised that the important issue was not to have a super fast car but a car that could make me have a constant smile on my face while driving it.  I have also wonderful rims (16''),

nice car :thumbsup:

i know what you mean about the constant smile,

i have one too when driving my car :D

good choice of wheels too :thumbsup:

Notice though, how many cars have superchargers from the factory? I can think of many cars with Turbos, Mini Cooper S, Evo, Colt etc.

Wrong, Mini Cooper S's have a supercharger hence the S! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
why bother, you might as well get a tsport??

The only car worth turboing is the 1.5!

well things in Greece are very different to UK.

First of all insurance is really cheap.

Second, insurance stays the same if you turbocharge your car.

You pay tax which is proportional to your engine size.

You pay road tax which is proportional to your engine size.

Insurance is proportional to your engine size.

Labour costs are much cheaper.

When you buy a car you must say where you found the money for the purchase.You cant say that you found them on the street. You must have worked or got them as a fortune or rent a flat etc.

So in some cases it is better to own a 1.0 turbocharged yaris than a T sport.

The bad things are:

Our streets are very bad.

It is hard to find a gas station with good quality petrol.

It is hard to find a good Tuner.

I think thats all.

lad as putting a turbo on a 1.0 or 1.3 i`m all for it, sure i`m in the middle of fitting the same hks job onto my 1.0. to be honest the only reason i did not do it earlyer was due to the cost factor £2800 odd is way to expensive, to be honest the only reason i got it done was i got the turbo off eBay for €700 which is around £450 and got it fitted FOC. but if i had not had of had gotten (say that with 15 pints) of eBay and only, like yourself could have gotten it of TDi, well i would of saved for a TS, i think £2800 is mad money and it won`t even work at that, the F-CON that comes will the kit is only for jap built vitz/yaris ECU`S, you will need a stand alone ECU for a french built yaris, again more cost. at the end of the day lad is YOUR MONEY AND YOUR CHOISE

Other thing is you need to make sure you know the labour costs - when I looked into this for my T-Sport it worked out to the 2800 for the kit, but that didnt include the time to muck about with the UK spec ecu - thats what will ramp the price up...

Cant remember what TDI estimated for me - but it was a lot...

Just trying to help?

If i was to upgrade the 1L or 1.3 i would definitely get a super charger! unlike larger engined cars you do not have the umph to get u goin until the turbo kicks in. Fittin a supercharger means you have more power from the start! If i had the T-sport the turbo wud cross my mind for the nice whitoosh dump valveness but i would still be tempted by a supercharger! Like every1 sez it is up to u but surely if ure spending that much u are after power and so if spendin a fortune would make it worthwhile thru the rev range? hav i missed summit obvious out or is this just common sense?

It's easier to fit a turbo to a 1.0l, and a supercharger to a 1.3 and 1.5, they are available as aftermarket parts in Japan. Then you have tte who have also developed a superchargerfor the TS. Just me opinion though, each to themselves!

hey biofotos, was it too difficult to get installed the rear brakes???  Is it a big difference? :unsure:

apologies for answering in the place of biofotos

it is very easy.

it is huge difference.In the Tsport when you brake you feel something pulling you backwards.You feel in the end of braking , when the car is almost stopped, that it will start to move backwards

The procedure is simple. Two hours and you are done.

The difference is more obvious after heavy usage of brakes like in a track...