Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suggestions On Rattling Parcel Shelf!

Baby Yari

Sounds like a bit of a stupid topic, but this little prob is causing me to leave out my parcel shelf with 6 x 9's in to opt for just the front 'crappy' paper Speakers! They work fine and everything, its just the parcel constantly rattles now due to the weight of the Speakers resting on it. I'm just wondering if anyone else has this prob and how youv'e sorted it out! Suggestions ver, very, very welcome!

What sort of parcel shelf have you got, is it a custom made one.

It should be at least 18mm thick, I did mine out of 15mm MDF and screwed id down, but when I go over speed bumps it rattles and moves, if it was 18mm MDF it would be heavier and should not rattle.

Are you sure it's your parcel shelf and not something in or on the Speakers that's not rattling.

Is it still resting on the same points either side? Some insulating material such as foam rubber or expanded polystyrene could help.

Its just the standard parcel shelf. The plastic shelf is fairly thick so i thought it would be ok, it is, but the whole thing shakes. It is also resting on the standard points, i might try !Removed! it into these points, if not, the insulating material could be well worth a try!

Hi Baby Yari

Buy some insulating tape the stuff that they use around front doors to keep the draft out. Put some around the supports where the shelf sits on. That will cushion the shelf when you go over bumps so will sound loads bit better :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Mine does exactly the same, its so annoying!

Today i bought some non slip dash mat and i'm going to cut that to fit. Was only £1 from wilko!

A quid! What a bargain, sounds right up my street!

Thanks for the suggestions peeps! May my trouble free rattling days be over very soon!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links