Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Idle Point

mark_n

Mine's somewhere near the same,

my previous car sometimes used to idle at about 500rpm

Why would you want it idling any higher? Then you'd sound like fool who's forgotton to take their foot of the pedal! Durr!

Why would you want it idling any higher? Then you'd sound like fool who's forgotton to take their foot of the pedal! Durr!

I was used to the Clio ldleing higher than the Yaris.

• 2 years later...

below 500rpm if its not spluttering or anything is fine mate

Mine idles with one segment showing above the solid band, what is the actual tickover?

below 500rpm if its not spluttering or anything is fine mate

It's not spluttering but rather slow rattling and this rattle sound just happened once. When I turned the AC off or pressed gas pedal a bit it worked normal.

• 1 month later...

If it happened once mate shouldnt be a problem

The rattling started again recently and it does not happen ocassionally now but almost every time after I drive a while. It rattles only on idle revs and stops when I drive or rev a little bit. Any suggestions?

i dont think its anything to worry about, mine does this probably half the time. if it does worry you, i think you can take it to toyota or another garage and they can raise the idle rpm

i dont think its anything to worry about, mine does this probably half the time. if it does worry you, i think you can take it to toyota or another garage and they can raise the idle rpm

Does it happen when you have A/C on? On mine it happens only that time.

my yaz idles at 1 big bar, then one little bar, is that ok or should it just be one bar??

it doesnt matter how many bars, as long as its under 800rpm. mine happens without A/C, A/C takes some power away from the engine which is poss why yours is doing it then, nothing to worry about

it doesnt matter how many bars, as long as its under 800rpm. mine happens without A/C, A/C takes some power away from the engine which is poss why yours is doing it then, nothing to worry about

Thanks for the replay - I'll leave it as it is now and I hope it won't get any worse. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links