Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Just Can't Decide.............

theenemywithin

............i am in the enviable position of having a very well paid job and am now being offered 2 other very well paid jobs within the same company.

One of the jobs is a move into Management and the other a move into Logistics.

The Management position is better pay but a lot more 'hassle'.

The Logistics position means i would get the oppurtunity to travel but would also be confined to a office most of the time.

Each position has it's plus points and minus points.

Alternativley i could accept neither and carry on with my current job.

What should i do???

To be honest I've been in management for about 7 years now, even did the college course, BUT there is nothing to prepare you for the way people behave ;)

Don't get me wrong it can be very fulfilling but the amount of crap you will have to deal with can sometimes far outweigh the 'good times'. Best bet follow your instinct and wonder why like me :lol:

Good luck either way :thumbsup:

Is there anything about either job thats really pulling you towards it?

I'd say follow your instincts if thats the case, otherwise stay put! :D

Do you enjoy the job you are currently doing? Is the extra money going to make a massive difference?

If you enjoy the job you are in and money is not a problem why move? The other jobs might not be as good or as exciting!

You should go with what feels right for you as a person though, not really our position to say as we don't know the circumstances really! :thumbsup:

I bet that didn't help at all! :rolleyes:

I travel a lot for work, and trust me when i say, it isnt as exciting or interesting as it sounds... Now, it does depend on where and when, but I for one, have quite frequent 3am starts to catch an early flight out of Heathrow - and more often than not, that is coupled to a late night!

As for the management position, well, are you ambitious? it would be the way upwards, but you will need to want to do it..

It's got to be your choice. What are your ambitions? Where do you see yourself in 10 or 20 years time? Married?, Partner? Kids?

Lots of things to consider but try to imagine yourself in each job and think of what your life will be like.

You are obviously well thought of enough in the company to be considered for both positions. Think where you could make the most difference/impact perhaps?

Good luck in your decision. :unsure:

always work up, even if it looks like a mistake at first. This is because a management job will offer infinatly more opportunities than any other role. Fact.

:yes:

(oh, and best of luck!!) :thumbsup: